What's new

GZD Berber

Goodby Arko stick ! This Turkish delight is what I always wanted in an Arko stick.Big bold industrial 1950's Tide laundry detergent powder aroma,a lasting lather that does not seperate,and enough glide for a trouble free smooth shave....this is truly an advanced arko formula,why Arko couldn't put this out is a mystery.The log of white soap is a true "croap",leaning on the soft side..I dropped the log into the shave bowl and beat it up with a 30mm Thater...that lather was thick,creamy and had stiff egg white peaks in 3 minutes.I took the log out and did several rpm's with just the cream and thater,even better stiff peaks !....The big Thater had enough cream left in it for 2 more full shaves,I never got that with Arko,using the same brush and same technique...The shimmering red box is coated on the inside with slick ,clear plastic,obviously they want you to store the moist stick in the box.I let the log dry 10 minutes,then slipped it into the box.I will see how long I can get away with this storage method.Warning...the very bottom of the inside of the box has no coating,at least mine do not,so there is a 1" by 2" very thin strand of plastic film that should be put on the bottom,but on both my sticks the film had worked it's way up the log...a tiny piece of waxed paper should keep the bottom of the box from getting soft and the useless...A good time with a good product !

Attachments

• $1tt 008.jpg
    $1tt 008.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 732
  • $1tt 010.jpg
    $1tt 010.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 733
  • $1tt 007.jpg
    $1tt 007.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 732
  • $1tt 014.jpg
    $1tt 014.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 733
  • $1tt 017.jpg
    $1tt 017.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 737
Packaging is a work in progress. We now have four scents which we are working with the factory in Turkey. This stuff fits perfect in any bowl or container since it is moldable and no grating required.

maybe a nice lavanda or pe-re-ja limon scent ? a nice 4-pak ? a powerful menthol would be great as well !

Packaging is a work in progress. We now have four scents which we are working with the factory in Turkey. This stuff fits perfect in any bowl or container since it is moldable and no grating required.

Is this a soap you had custom made or they sell this in turkey also?

I find it funny how theres a kid on the box with a face of lather and spikey hair. First thing i thought was this must be mr arkos son.

I'd like to re-package it someday as our own private label. just not ready to buy 5 thousand of them till I am sure it will take off.

A little of both. We are working on the scents with them. I have another hard soap in production over there too.

Interesting. I hope this works out for you. If it is anything like Arko I would be interested to see it in puck form as well (I know I can turn Arko into a puck easily enough but. . . ). I will watch your site closely for further announcements regarding future products.

There is no need to ship this out in puck form since it is moldable. I have a little plastic shave bowls which in seconds I just molded this soap to like a putty or play dough. No grating or melting. That is the great part of the product after the performance which I found great.

There is no need to ship this out in puck form since it is moldable. I have a little plastic shave bowls which in seconds I just molded this soap to like a putty or play dough. No grating or melting. That is the great part of the product after the performance which I found great.

That sounds like the same thing I did with my Arko -- squish it into a mug with a large prescription bottle.

We did have an issue weeks back. The site was cleaned and restored by the host. Here is what I believe is happening,

When the link was scanned weeks back by the virus software stored that it was in infected, which it was back then.

Now the site is cleaned, the virus software remembers what it stored back then, but maybe did not do an updated scan of the site.

The site is safe and no more virus wth all passwords changed to prevent re-entry. If anyone knows how to fix this let me know, the link needs to be updated.

I just clicked on your highlighted address in the above reply,and went straight to your site with no problems at all.....

+1 to everything maloccio says about the quality of this product, which I just got in a small haul from Joe at shaveabuck. I just pressed the whole stick into the bottom a one of my "occupational" shaving mugs (made my own 'puck') so the packaging in no issue. The box is really thin cardboard (an environmental +++) which I doubt would hold up as long as the stick itself.

Regardless, this soap made very rich and slick lather for a perfect shave. Scent is old-school barber, maybe like Erasmic? It's been a while since I used that but the scent made me think that. I will keep an eye out for the other scents but this one suits me just fine. Very nice product, particularly for Joe's the $5 pricetag.

Top Bottom