What's new

Tweex shaving soap: Has anyone tried it yet?

I just ordered a stick from bestshave.net. http://shop.bestshave.net/shaving-soab-sticks-75-gr-new-p-176.html It's a few cents more than Arko (I ordered some of that as well. Say what you say about Arko but it's like Suave products, not the highest quality but inexpensive and practical). Anyone tried it yet? Can't be worse (or better) than Arko? I saw a thread discussing this and comparing it to a Derby shaving stick: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/277250-Derby-Shaving-soap-stick

Attachments

• $Tweexshavestick.jpg
    $Tweexshavestick.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 436
Last edited:
I have a feeling the performance will be similar to Arko (that's where it shines) but the scent is what I'm really curious about? What is it going to smell like....Ivory soap or Tuff Actin Tinactin?

Well, last night I tried it.
Was it luxurious? No.
Did it produce an amazing lather? Yes.
And most importantly, does it smell like Arko? YES.

It's the scent that gets me. Growing up near the Mexican border I remember going to various eateries where instead of a gel-type soap they had laundry detergent to wash your hands. You took a pinch of it and washed your hands. It worked. Having said that, the scent nostalgically took me back to those memories. On the plus side, my wife said that I smelled "clean." And I guess that's the best way to describe Tweez, and Arko for that matter. It's clean like Ivory soap and detergent is clean.

Am I going to use it again? Yes. I won't let the scent deter me from using a very practical, cushiony, latheringlicious shaving stick.

View attachment 228064

What's the price difference?

That's the other thing. At bestshave.net your Arko is $1.95 (Derby is $1.85) but your Tweex is $2.25. Is it worth the price difference? I don't think so. I think it's worth buying to make your own comparisons (and it's still dirt cheap) but I think I'll stick with Arko.

That's the other thing. At bestshave.net your Arko is $1.95 (Derby is $1.85) but your Tweex is $2.25. Is it worth the price difference? I don't think so. I think it's worth buying to make your own comparisons (and it's still dirt cheap) but I think I'll stick with Arko.

I just wish they made 5 gallon buckets of Arko.

My camera isn't focused enough to take a pic of both soaps. I checked each ingredient one by one and they are exactly the same. The scent seemed more potent compared to my old Arko but I realized that the Arko had been open for months so the scent was faint. I pinched open the new Arko to compare the scent with the Tweex and it does smell very similar.
I'm left with a few questions.
Is it repackaged Arko for a different market?
Why is it about a $1 more than Arko?

Not only is the ingredient list the same, but they are in the same order. The Tweex stick smells like the Arko stick to me also.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
tweex should be cheaper than Arko.
and not good as Arko.

I tried it over a week and the product is good but not as good as Arko. I got to agree with linguist here. The lather is nice but not as slick or easy to build. The texture of the soap itself is very hard.

Top Bottom