What's new

Saved from the Shavocalypse by Lord Hungary kft!

Here was my situation; I found my fav blade long ago, the blue and white Lord Super Stainless, but I drained my dutch source and that wasn't nearly enough for the rest of my life (or at least, it shouldn't...). I don't use creditcards for on-line buying and don't want paypal though I did a good deal once with razorbladesandmore just with sending him some leftover dollars....

but it was still far from enough. :crying:

I did come across the website from (as far as I know) the only European representative of Lord, Lord Hungary kft., and stored the address for who ever knows. A month ago me and my wife decided to go to Budapest for a couple of days so I e-mailed them for shop-addresses to make my stock a little healthier. The bad news was that there weren't any shops with the number of blades I had in mind in stock. The good news was that they could make me an offer and I could buy directly from them.

An almost daily e-mail exchange followed with Dániel Koltai, an enthousiast DE-user himself and active on the Hungarian shaving forum, and after some calculating I went for a number that, combined with what I still had, would last me for 50-65 years worth of shaving.

That should really be enough at age 47 I would say. :wink2:

Dániel Koltai really went the extra mile here; a very good price and delivery at the hotel was a first but we had a great 'live' chat about shaving and blades. How often do we have a chance on that, talking for an hour or so face to face about razor blades?

We could have been going on for hours I guess but the text messages from my wife sounded louder and louder it seems. :lol:

I promised to give some reviews later on, especially on the carbon steel Lord Captain blades (anybody knows them? They are not even on the official Lord website) and I will most certainly do so. A big thumbs up for Dániel and Lord Hungary here!!

Thanks for reading it all my fellow members; I just had to tell this story here. Just too good to be true! :thumbup1:

Do you want to divulge how many blades you acquired? It sounds like a good lot :)

Can't wait for the review on the carbon blade... never even knew Lord made one!

Do you want to divulge how many blades you acquired? It sounds like a good lot :)

Frankly it is not an enormous pile. I use 50-60 blades every year and I needed another 2,000 to be on the safe side of things. In the end I went for 2,400 +32 that were packed with some razors I bought at the same time.

Can't wait for the review on the carbon blade... never even knew Lord made one!

Never heard of those either and as I said before, they are not on Lord's own website. I did get a warning about those; after the first shave with one of those I should not shave for at least one day. Exactly the thing I was looking for, right? But I have to admit that I am mighty curious as well!

Here is a link to the weblog of an Hungarian wetshaver who reviewed them. When you dont speak Hungarian, like me, you will find on-line translations as good as useless but at least there are some great pics of the blade and the package.

Here is a link to the weblog of an Hungarian wetshaver who reviewed them. When you dont speak Hungarian, like me, you will find on-line translations as good as useless but at least there are some great pics of the blade and the package.

By the looks of things the Captain is not good for shaving moustaches. It might be for footballers only as Franz Beckenbauer has modelled for the drawing. For the rest the reviewer is not too unhappy with them, it seems. The blades are sharp on two ends and holed in the middle to fit the razor. Use with care!

By the looks of things the Captain is not good for shaving moustaches. It might be for footballers only as Franz Beckenbauer has modelled for the drawing. For the rest the reviewer is not too unhappy with them, it seems. The blades are sharp on two ends and holed in the middle to fit the razor. Use with care!

:lol: :lol:

Since I don't shave my moustache, and neither do you my friend...,it could still be the blade I was looking for all of my life then.

I'll give it a decent go once my razors are empty. Due to my trip I have two loaded razors right now but when both are done with I will load the Captain in one of my razors and we will see where it goes!

Only here will others appreciate your story.

marty

I think so too; my wife thinks it is funny but also a little weird. Luckily for me she loves a little weird so I am safe....

I got some back-up where I didn't expect it though; my (half DE-converted half electric shaving) dad said it was the best investment ever. He was about the only one who judged this as a thoughtfull and wise action while most others thought I was an utter shaving geek I guess.

I think there is truth in both statements.....

If I find a huge stack of Souplex-blades for a decent price I'll stack up as well. If you see how the price of steel goes up and up you'd better be safe than sorry! (what else can I think of so I need to spend more....:ihih:)

Top Bottom