What's new

I have never used a straight and I need advice from some seasoned users.

In short...I cannot invest the time, money, and practice in a traditional straight which will need honing, stropping, etc. Therefore, the closest option I see available are the Dovo Shavette Straight Razors since they have disposable blades. What do you guys think? Worth giving a shot or better to just stick with my DE? Are there any users on here that use the Dovo Shavette?

I just got one a week ago, and liked it well enough that I'll be continuing to try to use it. I need to practice NOT cutting myself. In the mean time on the parts of my face that I performed well with the Shavette it was very smooth with a hint of dryness, but no irritation. I think you'll like it plenty, and I'd recommend it just for a try. But I don't believe there is much of a used market for shavettes if you decide that it isn't for you once you've purchased one.

I just got one a week ago, and liked it well enough that I'll be continuing to try to use it. I need to practice NOT cutting myself. In the mean time on the parts of my face that I performed well with the Shavette it was very smooth with a hint of dryness, but no irritation. I think you'll like it plenty, and I'd recommend it just for a try. But I don't believe there is much of a used market for shavettes if you decide that it isn't for you once you've purchased one.

Which blades are you using? Are you just snapping a DE blade in half or are you using one of the specialized blades Dovo offers?

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
You can also get a Parker Shavette, and when you get good, the Feather AC models.

Seriously... If something were to prevent me from shaving with a straight, I'd go back to my R41 double-edge.

Also consider the Parker SR1 ($20) and Feather Artist Club SS ($140). The Parker uses half DE blades and gets mostly positive reviews. The Feather is excellent. The Dovo received mixed reviews therefore I didn't buy it. For me the shavettes were very helpful at the beginning. YMMV

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Cut out some new scales out of plexi and Bam! Instant bling!

proxy.php

Top Bottom