What's new

SOTD: Like Homemade Lemonade!

I 'discovered' something today. Well, no inverted commas, i discovered it for myself. I'm not sure if you guys have tried this before, but after a pretty nice shave (Futur, shave oil, proraso pre, trumpers violet etc) i got my hitherto barely used Trumpers Limes (i'm not sure if it's the aftershave, cologne, or toilet water), put a dash into a sink of cold water then spashed it on. It felt so refreshing i didn't know when to stop! Smell was great too, like homemade lemonade. I guess it was in shaving terms like that scene in 'Witness' (1985) where Harrison Ford is building the barn with the Amish guys and gets some homemade lemonade, which he guzzles. Refreshing!

Have any of you guys tried this or something similar? I don't think i could put aftershave on neat right after shaving.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Ah, we'll have you taking your Aftershave 'straight up' in no time!! :whistling:

Reminds me of my hot towel sprinkled with Extract of WI when I had my straight shave at the Curzon Street barber shop. Aaah...
I agree, GFT's West Indian Limes is one of the most refreshing scents around. Sadly, the staying power is about zero.

staying power is pathetic. I splashed too much on by accident on sunday night, got into my car and drove the 10 mins to my gf's and she soon commented on my nice smell... Then i showed her my cheek and said "Trumpers Limes" and she couldnt smell it - she had been talking about the American Crew cologne i'd misted on my shirt hours earlier! 10 minutes!!

Ah, we'll have you taking your Aftershave 'straight up' in no time!! :whistling:

something about putting practically neat alcohol on my face right after removing a layer of skin seems just wrong! I have psoriasis too, so have to be extra careful.

Top Bottom