What's new

First Kamisori shave, first straight shave ever

First razor came in the mail today shave ready (had it honed by a respected honemeister). I was too impatient too wait until tomorrow so I lathered up some MWF and tried WTG on my cheeks. Awesome I was hasty in the prep so the lather was a bit dry but still a good experience. I started creeping towards my chin but stopped myself. Really looking forward to this.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Great start! You might be one of the first outside of pre-modern Japan to try to learn to straight shave on a Kamisori...so far so good.

Legion

Staff member
Great start! You might be one of the first outside of pre-modern Japan to try to learn to straight shave on a Kamisori...so far so good.

Good point. I never thought of that. Now you have our full support and attention. Keep us posted gigglemonk.

Good luck ! I had never used a straight before, just regular DE's, and from January 1st I've been shaving with a Feather AC SS (non-folding japanese style) razor - it's not the same thing as a true Kamisori, but it's the closest I'll get without having to add the stropping/honing to my routine. It's been great! I love it!

Best regards,

PD

Top Bottom