What's new

What is/was Dad's Aftershave?

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
My pop was a bay rum guy. He had a square wicker- wrapped bottle that I'm fairly sure was St. John's. He used Old Spice a lot too (of course).

when i was a kid, i remember my dad always having Tabac or British Sterling.the smell of either one of these really takes me back. thats probably why i like Tabac shave soap! i was also thinking of buying some British Sterling just to have.

What was Yardley English Blazer

i love the smell of oak moss and citrus from this but refuse to try it on till he has passed.

For a long time it was Old Spice, but then about 10 years ago I got him turned onto D.R. Harris Arlington and he hasn't looked back. My grandfather wore Old Spice and used Old Spice shave soap. I guess their shave soaps have long since been discontinued?

Dad used Aqua Velva a lot when I was a young kid. He also uses Old Spice, then the other day I gave him a bottle of Clubman Pinaud and a bottle of Clubman Bay Rum. He was grinning when I asked about them. He did a bunch of electrical work for me, I felt kinda bad as somebody really messed up this wiring so I wanted him to get a couple bottles of good aftershave.

Old Spice or Aqua Velva for my Dad and My Poppy (Grandfather) Wore only Old Spice "because anything other then old spice is for nancy boys" as he use to say.

Last edited:
Top Bottom