What's new

Thayers Witch Hazel or Dickinson's all-natural Witch Hazel?

Which is the better witch hazel product? Thayer's I'm sure smells better, but does the added aloe vera make it a better witch hazel than Dickinson's?

Which do you choose? Quality over quantity?

Neither is better than the other, but if you want to deviate from the norm of witch hazel and go alcohol free Thayer's is for you. Personally I use Dickinson's as the scent isn't worth worrying about because it dissipates in about 5-10 seconds.

Neither is better than the other, but if you want to deviate from the norm of witch hazel and go alcohol free Thayer's is for you. Personally I use Dickinson's as the scent isn't worth worrying about because it dissipates in about 5-10 seconds.

+1

The smell goes away very quickly. I find Dickinsons to be highly effective.

Walmart generic. Smell doesn't bother me, and if it did, its gone in a few seconds. And because its so cheap, I'm not worried about splashing it all around and losing a little down the drain.

I use the generic stuff, but would advise you to atleast try one Thayers variety. Until you do, you'll never know what it's all about. At less than $10 a bottle, you can't really go wrong.

I personally find that Thayers and Dickinsons are quite different in feel on your face. To me, Dickininsons feels like water going on, and absorbes/evaporates much like water does. To be honest, I didn't feel much benefit from it other than cooling very minor irritation and a little skin tightening. Thayers on the other hand, not counting the Unscented because it's like water also, has a thicker consistency and you can feel it. It gives the same cooling and soothing effect as Dickinsons but adds a layer of skin conditioning I think under your AS. It can get a little sticky feeling also if you use too much or your face is already well moisturized or a little oily. For me I think the difference is pretty substantial and honestly, I think the only way to really know that difference is to experience it yourself by comparing the two.

I have the Thayer's Rose, and I really like how it feels. It never stings, unlike most aftershaves and balms.

The alcohol in Dickinson's is nice because it can act as a disinfectant if you have weepers.

I'm using it mainly because Grocery Outlet had a giant container of it on sale two years ago (twice the normal size.) Still using it!

I use Vijon Witch Hazel from Walmart, like $1.50 for 16oz...speaking of which, I'm almost out and need to restock.

I bought Thayer's lemon witch hazel from Whole Foods market. This smells really nice, but does not stay on for a long time. I don't feel it really cleaning my face at all. I'll give it another whirl when I finish shaving and see if any results work.

Btw, I only got this because no one had peach.

My first bottle (almost gone) is Dickinson's. The next time I see it, I'll pick up a new bottle (either it or the generic WH, whichever one I see first).

I just use generic as it works great. I don't mind the smell but I sometimes scent it with EO just for something different.

Top Bottom