What's new

What's in your pocket today?

thats the first time i seen it so obvious, I had to think if i had any pens loaded with turquoise or something close before I realized if only taken three pens to work as of late and all of them have Quink inside. Though about that conversation the second I looked at it too

From my limited supply of ink .. that is what I am used to expect from a blue-black :lol: because I got the Waterman blue-black ink as reference .. on my first inking I was like .. huh this is blue-black? .. I always get some shade of green(ish) color once it dries up, on some paper is lighter on some darker .. but always turns toward green

Including the blue Parker Vac, I'm carrying:

Pelikan M400 (B nib) w/Pel 4001 Royal Blue
TWSBI Mini (1.1 stub) w/Noodler's Black

It's not often that I have two Parker 51s inked at the same time. Both of these are Vacumatics.

The top one, the Demi, has the finest nib of any of my fountain pens, an XXF if I'm not mistaken. If you get the nib angle just right, it's not scratchy, but you do have to get it right. Good for small notebooks. The other is a fine nib, more comfortable for writing at length.

Two blue-black inks, Montblanc Midnight Blue and Pilot Blue Black.

$20140505_152926.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Parker 51 medium with Pelikan Blue-Black and an eyedroppered Sheaffer No-Nonsense med with, I believe, Pelikan Black.

on edit: After reading my custom title, I am reminded of a quote by the great Ron Washington (Ranger's skipper)- "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut if he comes out the tree every once and a while".

I was out of town last week at a West African Drum & Dance Camp in North Carolina. I took a journal with me to record the events, take notes, and general class information. I packed two pens: a black Esterbrook LJ with a fine nib, and a Camlin Elegante, an inexpensive Indian Pen, also with a fine nib (although it writes closer to medium). Both were filled with Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black. I ended up using the Camlin Elegante exclusively, and I'm still using it as of today. It was pretty rough writing when I got it a few months ago, but I smoothed out the nib and it's really come into its own. It's got a little bit of feedback on the paper...just enough so you know you're not writing on glass. The snap on/off cap was really handy for quick notes, ink flow is great, and the size is just about right for my hand. I'm really pleased with this $7.47 (including shipping from India) fountain pen! The Pelikan Blue-Black is also a great ink. I just wish I had brought back more than two bottles from Switzerland.

proxy.php

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Vintage Pelikan 400 EF nib, Iroshizuku asa-gao

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom