Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Parfums de Nicolaï
Carré d'As​

Norne
by Slumberhouse

fog-caked needle, lichen, fern, moss

Deeply green, intense fir needles, and lightly incensed, just a tad sweet but not enough to kill it - heavenly stuff. For a while I thought to myself I could probably find something like this for a fraction of the cost, some evergreen essential oil or something, but there's an incense note in this that you wouldn't get. Not to mention that I didn't even have a real sample, but an empty one that I put a 1/4 mL of rubbing alcohol in and sprayed through to clean out any residue. That's what I've been wearing all day and I can still smell it. It's not an everyday scent but it's also something that wouldn't offend anyone. Unfortunately it smells very December to me so I'd likely stash it away along with my Smell Bent holiday exclusives that make an appearance that time of year. But absolutely loved this stuff.

proxy.php

Norne
by Slumberhouse

fog-caked needle, lichen, fern, moss

Deeply green, intense fir needles, and lightly incensed, just a tad sweet but not enough to kill it - heavenly stuff. For a while I thought to myself I could probably find something like this for a fraction of the cost, some evergreen essential oil or something, but there's an incense note in this that you wouldn't get.
Have you ever tried Olympic Orchids Olympic Rainforest? I find it quite similar to Slumberhouse Norne in the drydown. I thought there was another frag which I found similar, but I cannot think of it at the moment. Norne is the only Slumberhouse frag which I purchased a bottle of.

Don't know that I've ever seen a more gaudy bottle, or a more ridiculous name for a frag, but if you can get past that, the Bond No. 9 "Andy Warhol Success is a Job in New York" isn't a bad vanilla scent. It has great longevity, while it seemed to me to stay pretty close, but Mrs. Jakespoppy commented that it smelled good when I walked into the room so it must have decent projection. It's just not quite my preference for a vanilla scent. Someone described it as smelling like vanilla ice cream, and that's a pretty good description. I prefer vanilla with a little more going on, like the warm spiciness of Parfums de Nicolai's Vanilla Intense, for example.

proxy.php

Don't know that I've ever seen a more gaudy bottle, or a more ridiculous name for a frag, but if you can get past that, the Bond No. 9 "Andy Warhol Success is a Job in New York" isn't a bad vanilla scent. It has great longevity, while it seemed to me to stay pretty close, but Mrs. Jakespoppy commented that it smelled good when I walked into the room so it must have decent projection. It's just not quite my preference for a vanilla scent. Someone described it as smelling like vanilla ice cream, and that's a pretty good description. I prefer vanilla with a little more going on, like the warm spiciness of Parfums de Nicolai's Vanilla Intense, for example.

proxy.php

I can't get past it. :glare:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom