What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Randy,

First, thank you. Second, Tim can't wear that one. Wasn't he supposed to send his bottle to you??

You're welcome, Bill, and good point about the Odori Tabacco, Tim IS supposed to send his bottle to me! But Tim keeps suggesting that there was not a committment, or even as much as an offer, on his part, as if it might have been just my over-active imagination, or some crazed frag AD induced unfounded expectation on my part, which of course is, well, maybe it's true, but...but....

What's your thoughts on this one?
I like it quite a bit. It's not a really strong scent on me and it doesn't last super long but to me it smells very straight forward and clean. I tried SCS "Very V" quite a while ago, this kind of reminds me of that only lighter, crisper, cleaner.

It's also possibly the least expensive frag I have right now. So when you factor that in...not bad at all!

I like it quite a bit. It's not a really strong scent on me and it doesn't last super long but to me it smells very straight forward and clean. I tried SCS "Very V" quite a while ago, this kind of reminds me of that only lighter, crisper, cleaner.

It's also possibly the least expensive frag I have right now. So when you factor that in...not bad at all!
I read all the positive reviews (no negatives on BN) so I bought a bottle a few months back and I do not care for it at all. The drydown was almost bearable, but the opening totally killed it for me. I had a similar experience with the Arco shaving stick. A lot of folks rave about Arco, but I cannot stand the stuff. I wonder if Malizia and Arco have some common notes which do not agree with me? Do you by chance enjoy Arco also?

proxy.php

proxy.php

Accords: woody, warm spicy, balmy, citrus, vanilla

Top: mandarin, bergamot, cardamom
Middle: patchouli, tonka bean, vanilla
Base: vetiver, neroli, orange blossom, saffron, suede

Which one of them in the picture can you see wearing Prada Amber? This frag smells like vanilla soap to me and even though I like most soapy frags, vanilla is apparently not one of them. There are very few frags I like which contain vanilla and even then it must be either a minor background note or completely unoticed because I find vanilla to be a feminie note and mostly powdery. There actually isn't any amber in the notes for this frag, but amber like tonka bean and vanilla are all known for being powdery.

Frag Week 31
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet (1902) - Monday
Thierry Mugler Cologne (2001) - Tuesday
L'Artisan Dzongkha (2006) - Wednesday
Acqua di Parma Essenza di Colonia (2010) - Thursday
Prada Amber (2006) - Friday
Prada Amber Intense (2011) - Saturday

Last edited:
You're welcome, Bill, and good point about the Odori Tabacco, Tim IS supposed to send his bottle to me! But Tim keeps suggesting that there was not a committment, or even as much as an offer, on his part, as if it might have been just my over-active imagination, or some crazed frag AD induced unfounded expectation on my part, which of course is, well, maybe it's true, but...but....

I don't know, Randy. I don't exactly hear Tim stepping up to defend himself on this one. I think his silence is agreement that the Odori should be headed your way!

What do you think of the Arome 3, David?

A fine recommendation from Bill was this one(although don't let him know I said that!:wink2:). Whilst I love straight lavender scents in a shaving soap/cream, I would never use such as fragrance. This one starts off as lovely lavender and dries down beautifully. My only regret is I didn't go for the 100ml.

A fine recommendation from Bill was this one(although don't let him know I said that!:wink2:). Whilst I love straight lavender scents in a shaving soap/cream, I would never use such as fragrance. This one starts off as lovely lavender and dries down beautifully. My only regret is I didn't go for the 100ml.

I'll make sure Bill doesn't find out about what you said, David! :sneaky2:

Randy, don't worry, I've got a split for you and one for Josh. They are both made, I just have to get them in the mail!

I read all the positive reviews (no negatives on BN) so I bought a bottle a few months back and I do not care for it at all. The drydown was almost bearable, but the opening totally killed it for me. I had a similar experience with the Arco shaving stick. A lot of folks rave about Arco, but I cannot stand the stuff. I wonder if Malizia and Arco have some common notes which do not agree with me? Do you by chance enjoy Arco also?
I am right in the middle with Arko, scent-wise. I don't find it nauseating but I wouldn't walk around bragging about it either:) I like the packaging better than anything!

I can see not enjoying the opening on this though. I just sprayed one shot and had a good sniff...it's sort of powdery, sweet, citrusy, I think I even smell some cinnamon. Weird. I'm not crazy about the opening but it doesn't last very long on me before it chills out a little and just turns into a soapy (that's the best I can do..not so great with the descriptions yet) clean vetiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom