What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious to see how this develops today. Doesn't seem to have the strong balance of lavender and vanilla that other lavender scents do, like Caron Pour un Homme, or By Kilian A Taste of Heaven. I really enjoyed the way L.V. Uomo developed yesterday and lasted all day, evolving from a citrusy/woodsy start to a vetiver finish.

proxy.php

Today:

View attachment 262021
Special thanks to Randy for Introducing me to this Wonderful Fragrance.

:thumbup1:

I'm glad you like it! The Knize and I were talking about how it's surprising Equipage doesn't get more air play around here. Seems like one a lot of folks here would enjoy.

Uomo is one great summer scent!

These are the 'Uomo' notes from LV site

Top note
Bergamot, Petitgrain, Laurel, Lemon, Orange, Coriander, Lavender, Elemi
Middle note
Neroli, Sage, Juniper, Clove, Pepper, Thyme
Base note
Vetiver, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Musk, Oakmoss, Cedarwood, Rosemary

From what I've red Uomo and Donna are the roots of all LV goodness. Both are unisex (and they really are) and both are beautiful.

I think you've posted more about LV than anyone else, Ivan, and now that I've sampled some of them, I understand the attraction. They all seem to have a great opening blast, then settle into their really nice mid and base note developments. I especially enjoyed Uomo yesterday. Thanks for posting about these.

proxy.php
proxy.php

Accords: citrus, fresh spicy, woody, green, floral

Top: grapefruit, tangerine, petit grain
Middle: rosemary, rose, jasmine, lily of the valley
Base: patchouli, white musk

AdP Essenza opens with a soapy citrus vibe on the order of Mugler Cologne, but unlike Mugler this is short lived. In the drydown, this frag becomes a nice soapy floral with a rosemary note in the mix. There is also a very bitter note in the background for the first couple hours which seems out of place to me which I think may be the petitgrain. Essenza smells better to me once this bitter note has faded. Unless that bitter note is patchouli, I am not recognizing it here in this frag. I have only ever recognized patchouli as the typical hippy-**** which often overpowers most everything else and I definitely am not getting that here in this frag. Essenza doesn't begin to fade until after 8 hours and then continues as a skin scent for another 2-4 hours. I liked the smell of AdP Assoluta better, but I must wear that one on my clothing because it gave me a rash and turned powdery after 4 hours on my skin. What's nice about Essenza is that it does not turn powdery and also has tremendous projection and longevity. I will have to call it a toss-up between these two.

Of the hundreds of frags that I have worn to the office (some rather obnoxious), today I received my first comment. It wasn't directed to me personally and no mention of perfume specifically, but somebody from another floor walks into our area and says "what's that smell?, something smells damp!"...lol I never thought of it that way, but I can see how somebody might associate a soapy frag with dampness. I think the main reason they noticed was because AdP Essenza such good projection.

Frag Week 31
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet (1902) - Monday
Thierry Mugler Cologne (2001) - Tuesday
L'Artisan Dzongkha (2006) - Wednesday
Acqua di Parma Essenza di Colonia (2010) - Thursday
Prada Amber (2006) - Friday
Prada Amber Intense (2011) - Saturday

Last edited:
Floris "Mahon"

That is a good description to me, except I do not know Parfum d Empire Cuir Ottoman. If someone likes Floris' "house style" generally, they will probably like this one.

I gues I'll like it, then. I have two other Florises that I love...

ELdO Antiheros today. I'm going through a lavender phase these days...

I've got a bit of the vintage (c. 1980s) that I love and am considering getting more. Anybody who can compare the current formulation to the vintage stuff?

I'd be curious too about a side-by side comparison of vintage and new Equipage. I have some of the vintage juice and love it!

I like AdG a lot, and still think it's a great scent. I still have some but don't wear it much, mostly because that's all I wore for several years, and am enjoying wearing/trying other scents now.

I used to wear it more until a while back I met a potential client for lunch and he seemed kind of miffed/embarrassed that I smelled just like him. Or maybe it was me who was miffed and embarrassed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom