What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

In an odd experiment of sorts I'm going to use Lacoste Essential every day for 1 month.
I drew a line on the side of the bottle. I'm curious to see how much I actually use.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Accords: citrus, fresh spicy, herbal, floral, powdery
Note: ginger, amalfi lemon, bergamot, lavender, myrr

Hyle has a nice "aquatic air" about it. There is no salt or seaweed notes of ocean air like other niche frags, but it doesn't have that swimming pool note like your cheap designer frags either. It's just a simple linear fresh scent that lasts 4-6 hours on my skin.

Summer Fresh Aquatics
Carthusia Uomo (2004) - Sunday
Henrik Vibskov Type C (2011) - Monday
HEELEY Sel Marin (2008) - Tuesday
Cereus No. 4 (2007) - Wednesday
Cereus No. 7 (2007) - Thursday
Farmacia SS. Annunziata dal 1561 Hyle (2009) - Friday
Hilde Soliani Acquiilssssima (2011) - Saturday

Others:
Olivier Durbano Turquoise (2009) - 5/23/2012
Profumum Acqua di Sale (2008) - 7/09/2012

Last edited:
I hate Perfume Smoky Tobacco. Not too bad;but had a burning reaction to it. I guess some frags do elicit an alergic reaction!

Imaginary Authors
proxy.php

The Cobra and the Canary​

The opening is delicious! The leather and hay in this one really gives it a well blended, solid opening. I'm looking forward to the development, but out of the gate I'm liking this fragrance that seems rather unique compared to any other fragrances in my rather humble collection. I think this may be another pulitzer candidate from the authors!

Update: as the fragrance dried down, I got a very nice tobacco coming through. This combines well with the spicy coumarin (hay) and leather to leave a nice masculine scent. It wears close to the skin, but is exceedingly well composed.

Wooooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom