What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Imaginary Authors
proxy.php

The Cobra and the Canary​

The opening is delicious! The leather and hay in this one really gives it a well blended, solid opening. I'm looking forward to the development, but out of the gate I'm liking this fragrance that seems rather unique compared to any other fragrances in my rather humble collection. I think this may be another pulitzer candidate from the authors!

Update: as the fragrance dried down, I got a very nice tobacco coming through. This combines well with the spicy coumarin (hay) and leather to leave a nice masculine scent. It wears close to the skin, but is exceedingly well composed.

Last edited:
This one has an interesting opening. I've read others describe this as more floral than wood. I don't get much floral yet, but maybe it will come later? The opening is not heavy, and seems to be a blend of some wood like juniper maybe, and herbal and incense. I'm curious to see how this wears today. So far, I do like it better than Tom Ford Oud Wood, which seems sort of "plain oudish" in comparison, and of course it's the synthetic oud, which isn't bad, it's just not the high quality oud oil that some of you enjoy so much.

proxy.php

Haven't tried this one yet Randy. For whatever reason I've only tried a handful of scents from Hermes. This one is on the list!

This sounds right up my alley, have to check it out soon

Yes, I'm surprised Hermes Equipage doesn't get more attention around here. The pine note continues throughout the day, and it has a very elegant feel to it. Neimann Marcus has it on the shelf in Houston, so I don't think it should be hard to find and pick up a sample. And there are decants available online as well.

Today - White Lotus Aromatics' Orange Blossom Supreme attar. Neroli, orange blossom absolute & sandalwood.

They don't make this one any more. I only have a tiny sample, and I'm very stingy with it. Great summer frag!

proxy.php

Accords: woody, leather, animalic, citrus, powdery
Notes: cedar, leather, bergamot, tonak bean, mandarin orange, musk, violet, jasmine

Versace The Dreamer Summer Edition. That's what came to mind wearing Cereus No.7 today, so I did a side-by-side this evening and there is definitely a similarity. It's that synthetic sweetness, but not as spicy or cloying and only lasts 4 hours on my skin. I have no idea why Lucky Scents had this one listed as Fresh Aquatic.

Summer Fresh Aquatics
Carthusia Uomo (2004) - Sunday
Henrik Vibskov Type C (2011) - Monday
HEELEY Sel Marin (2008) - Tuesday
Cereus No. 4 (2007) - Wednesday
Cereus No. 7 (2007) - Thursday
Farmacia SS. Annunziata dal 1561 Hyle (2009) - Friday
Hilde Soliani Acquiilssssima (2011) - Saturday

Others:
Olivier Durbano Turquoise (2009) - 5/23/2012
Profumum Acqua di Sale (2008) - 7/09/2012

Last edited: