What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
$Cabaret-Grès-Ad.jpg

A light, effervescent rose. Light and airy, maybe even too light for me... I do like it though.

Mark, that's a great frag!

I'm surprised you're getting "light & airy" though. It's one of the few perfumes which holds it's namesake really well, sultry late night and sexy.

Mark, that's a great frag!

I'm surprised you're getting "light & airy" though. It's one of the few perfumes which holds it's namesake really well, sultry late night and sexy.

I really do like it very much.

But 6 sprays and 1 hour later and I can barely smell it...

What do you think of the Cuir Mauresque, Mike?

It's a really nice, soft, authentic and evocative, non-tarry, non-tanic leather. I liked it, but in the same genre, my favorites are Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur, which focuses on this note more and surrounds it with a more consonant floral support, and Cuiron, which leaves it stark and exposed. Where the Heeley is like reclining in a soft leather armchair in a bare room with a bouquet of flowers on the opposite side of the room, I find the SL more like sitting in the same chair while eating a creme brulee. I don't find it to be as dry to my nose as it apparently was to yours. I actually don't mind the juxtaposition, and find the SL sweet base to work here because of its contrast with the dry simplicity of the leather note. In the best SL frags I've tried, there is usually a similar oxymoronic pairing - e.g. in an extreme manifestation in Douche Amere (the only SL for which I've splurged for a full bottle to date), where the soft sweetness is paired with the sharp bitterness of absinthe. I find several of the individual fragrances in the SL library beautiful and interesting/innovative when considered in isolation, but after trying a lot of them, as a whole, it sometimes seems like listening to the same concerto with different soloist instruments featured.

BTW - today is Creed Erofla. Found a sample I did not even know I had and I don't know where it came from. Definite meh. If you want a salty aquatic with poor projection and longevity, you can pay a lot less and get better ones than this IMO.

Last edited:
proxy.php

proxy.php

Accords: Incense, Woodsy
Notes: Oud, Florals, Kephalis

Oudwood Veil is my favorite of the perfume oils that I have sampled this week. The added florals contribute to a rather fresh and light opening for an oud. It is most likely jasmine which brings this freshness to the opening, but after a couple hours the frag takes on a darker character resembling Montale's Dark Aoud. I don't know if there is sandalwood in here or if it is the Kephalis, but the effect is similar to how the sandalwood blends with the agarwood in Dark Aoud. Begins to fade after 6 hours and all but gone after 8 hours.

How appropriate for Friday The 13th!

Assorted Perfume Oils - Week 28
Profumum Olio Corpo Acqua di Sale (2008) - Monday
Justice Bodan (2010) - Tuesday
MCMC Fragrances Garden (2010) - Wednesday
40 Notes Spring Vetiver (2010) - Thursday
40 Notes Oudwood Veil (2010) - Friday
Immortal Mine (2012) - Saturday

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom