What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
$SOTD 001.jpg

proxy.php

Accords: Citrus, Smooth, Warm, Sexy-Clean Vetiver
Notes: Grapefruit, Cassis, Dossinia, Honeysuckle, Vetiver, Musk

I didn't know what dossinia was, but when I read that it smells similar to lily-of-the-valley I knew what I was smelling in the opening. I get a little cassis in the opening as well. After half an hour I get the honeysuckle which is noticable for a couple of hours. The vetiver is there in the background along with musk throughout and being a perfume oil it lasts all day, but this is a skin scent and the notes a quite faint.

Assorted Perfume Oils - Week 28
Profumum Olio Corpo Acqua di Sale (2008) - Monday
Justice Bodan (2010) - Tuesday
MCMC Fragrances Garden (2010) - Wednesday
40 Notes Spring Vetiver (2010) - Thursday
40 Notes Oudwood Veil (2010) - Friday
Immortal Mine (2012) - Saturday

Last edited:
Essentially Me - Sandalwood Extract

This is an extract of sandalwood in alcohol. It's diluted, but still pretty strong. And the kicker is, it smells like a combination of sandalwood & maple syrup. Really, really wonderful stuff. :thumbup1:

Neriko
by Agar Aura

Another fantastic mukhallat that will take some time to fully explore but for the time being is an amazingly pleasant experience with a soft "fuzzy" warmth to it and a slight fruitiness that reminded me of cherries (or could be plums, I guess) with a touch of cinnamon. There is a slight resemblance to Bushi no Kaori but they are distinctively different. This one elicited the first compliment (first comment period, for that matter) from one of my coworkers who said I smelled "good, earthy." I remembered immediately the description of this, which described the historical process that entailed burying the pellets to age. This one started out with a soft woodiness, then some spice (cinnamon?), then some fruit appeared, then it became more incense-like with subtly sweet leathery notes.

$Screen Shot 2012-07-12 at 1.17.24 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom