What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday - Dior Homme Intense EdP - toned down on the lipstick note from the EdT and nicer and more well-balanced overall

Sunday - Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme - Surprised by how much I liked this one - Bergamont, a short bit of grating lemon at the opening, lots of wonderful sage and cedar/woods in the dry down - seemed to evoke a hint of eucalyptus as well

Today - Serge Lutens Douce Amere - Still trying to get myself wrapped around this one - bitter and sweet, gourmand and oriental, anise chocolate, powder and woody. Feminine and masculine. So much going on and so many poles pulling me to some kind of center. Waffling between love, like and meh right now.

Decided I'm between like and love on the SL. Reapplied a little after lunch and really could appreciate more the anise in this. I found a dusty chocolate note in it this morning, which was a bit off-putting, but it's more muted with my afternoon nose and I'm picking up more of the anise, fennel and absinthe. Not uncommon for me to smell things differently at different times of the day. In particular, it takes me a few hours for my nose to fully "wake up." This one is certainly challenging, and I may like it better to smell than to actually wear.

proxy.php

Courtesy of Bobk1​

A wonderful fougere! After shaving with Martin de Candre and using Thayer's Lavender witch hazel, it only seemed natural to continue with the lavender/green motif. And this vintage juice does exactly that. Complex yet comfortable, it's easy to see why this fragrance spawned an entire genre!

Absolutely classic, straight-up fougere! Excellent stuff. The Ur fougere.

Today for me vintage SIR "Canada Cedar," apparently a 4711 product. Long discontinued. Very good scent. Not simply pure cedar, but mostly.

Jil Sander Man Absolute for me today.
Sweet, woodsy, smokey, bit of leather, and maybe a bit of "salt/ brine". A warm smell I like very much on a cold day like this.

MFK APOM

Very nicely put together frag, obviously high quality. Probably more of a warmer weather scent then the freezing weather of a high of 75 we're having today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom