What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Big fan of thsi one. What are your thoughts, Randy?

I like the MKK a lot, Bill. I think the press on how wild or outrageous it is with it's dirty opening is grossly overplayed. Yes, it has some dirtiness in the opening, but to me it's just enough to make it interesting, and the drydown is a nice semi-dry musk that still has a touch of earthiness to it that I like better than other clean musk scents. Mrs. jakespoppy, a fan of musk scents on me, gave it a thumbs up this morning, too.

"Semi-dry musk" - it's not as dry as, say, Kiehl's Musk, but it's also not a sweet musk like Royall Musk.

Last edited:
You guys have me wearing fragrances to work now! Today, it was my old standby, Paco Rabanne PH. I find that a couple of sprays to the chest on the skin keeps the longevity high and projection close.

I like the MKK a lot, Bill. I think the press on how wild or outrageous it is with it's dirty opening is grossly overplayed. Yes, it has some dirtiness in the opening, but to me it's just enough to make it interesting, and the drydown is a nice semi-dry musk that still has a touch of earthiness to it that I like better than other clean musk scents. Mrs. jakespoppy, a fan of musk scents on me, gave it a thumbs up this morning, too.

"Semi-dry musk" - it's not as dry as, say, Kiehl's Musk, but it's also not a sweet musk like Royall Musk.

Great notes, and your impression matches very much with my own. This is a great "manly" musk in its opening and the dry down becomes much more civilized but still has enough going on to keep the interest level. I wish it were more accessible as this is one of the few musk scents that I'd be willing to splurge for!

Great notes, and your impression matches very much with my own. This is a great "manly" musk in its opening and the dry down becomes much more civilized but still has enough going on to keep the interest level. I wish it were more accessible as this is one of the few musk scents that I'd be willing to splurge for!

Big MKK fan here, too.

Today, Lorenzo Villoresi "Patchouli." I was surprised. Very much the Haight, Summer of Love. Not the kind of patchouli I look for these days!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom