What's new

Whats Cooking? 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man! The only thing wrong with that pic is that the piece on the right is backwards, and your pan isn't big enough for five more slices!

Hahahahahaha! I'm a tiny bit OCD and I strongly considered flipping that piece the "right way 'round" but ultimately decided to be a porky rebel and let it be! :biggrin1:

Continuing my charcuterie journey today. Just started the first batch of Pancetta (recipe from Ruhlman & Polcyn)!

I've already made their Fresh Bacon and Duck Prosciutto recipes and love how they turned out!

Prosciutto is next on my list of things to try :) I've just rinsed off the final juniper dry rub on a batch of bacon and it's hanging to dry before a beech and Douglas fir smoke overnight

yesterdays dinner was, Grass Fed rib eye , cooked in my #10 Erie . Roasted Carrots and mini red POtatoes, in coconut oil, with whole garlic, thyme, pink salt and cubeb pepper. Hot smoked spanish paprika used on the potatoes and sweet version on the carrots.

Enjoyed it so much i plan on making the EXACT same dinner tonight. Im sure my wife wont mind :)

Ill be taking pics tonight for you gents hopefully!

We are going to a friends house for Christmas Eve dinner. I'm bringing dessert.

Brownie puddle.

proxy.php

Crack Pie, with candied Pecans.

proxy.php

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Scalloped potatoes with thyme, onion, garlic, chives, and yes . . . wait for it . . . bacon bits! Some things you can make ahead for the feast.
$Untitled Export.jpg

Last edited:
Christmas Eve Dinner will be, oysters rockefeller, prime rib I dry aged for 10 days, yorkshire pudding, brussels sprouts, and panettone bread pudding with creme anglaise for dessert. Christmas Day? Baked ham with mac n' cheese. Merry Christmas everyone!

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Ok I've got folk coming for Christmas tomorrow. I like things to be fresh so I'm on a bit of a march to get things done. I added a bit of molasses to the recipe. It is 10:15 PM and the dough is rising . . . ok it is in the above the stove microwave . . . a nice warm place with two 40W bulbs below . . . no I'm not microwaveing the dough.

$rolls.jpg

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Christmas eve is all about getting ready for the day. They are under tea towels . . . I'll put them in the oven in a bit .. . and the turkey goes early tomorrow . . . and pie and and and .. . Happy Christmas!b

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Christmas eve
Double smoked ham, homemade buns and homemade pepper sauce
I can't take credit for this one; twas all SWMBO's doing.
(Note: pic is from this morning, didn't take one that evening)
proxy.php

Christmas dinner
Loads of good food, but I deboned a turkey for the first time. I've done chickens before and while the principle is the same, Man-oh-man, a turkey's sinews and meat-grip-to-bone is so much stronger. Definitely worth it though, especially at carving time!

Deboned and ready to roll up!
proxy.php

All dressed and ready for the oven
proxy.php

Lolipops are always nice to nibble on. They are cooked way before the turkey and make a nice snack for SWMBO and I.
proxy.php

All done!
proxy.php

... carving is a breeze!
proxy.php

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom