What's new

Badger Knot competition, FREE KNOT......

Hey Guys,

On saturday Im going to pick up 3 badgers, that got shot last tuesday.

The plan is to get the badgers hair to try to make knots, havent done anything like this before so its a challenge.

So this is the rules for the competition and how I think about it.

Were going to have to winners, the price is enoughf badger hair to make a nice knot.

The first winner is the one who can post the best links, information and movies about how to make a knot. This should be posted in this tread.

The Second winner pics a number between 0 too 999, the one who gets the closest to the winning number that Ive allready have decided, post your number in this tread.

The competition ends 31 of december 24 00 Swedish time.

Ill pick out the winners and send the badger hair.

Then I thought that we could have a small competition the 2 winners and I of who has made the nicest brush, this could end 31 january 2012, and the pics of the brushes could be upploaded to B&B, the price for this comp is the honnor and satisfaction.

If theres anybody who wishes to participate in making a knot, but didnt win the competition. I believe that i got plenty of hair, so I can send you hair for a knot,you just have to cover the shipingcosts.

If There are some questions feel free to ask

Last edited:
Just to be clear, you're not giving away a knot, but you're giving away hair for the winner to make their own knot, correct?

Yes thats what i mean, English isnt my first language so if you have any suggestions how to express it so it would be easier to understand for everybody, just let me know

No, your post was fine. I understood, but your threat title said "free knot" so I just wanted to clear up any confusion.

This is a very interesting project. I don't have any means of making a brush here, but I know others will jump on this when they see it (most of them are sleeping right now, LOL). I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Will this hair need to be cleaned or will you take care of that prior to sending out. I have found information and videos about paint brush making, but none about how to treat the hair after it is taken from the animal.

Thanks for the movies, it dosent look that dificult, I think its doable.

Regarding cleaning the hair, my first thought was to use the dogs shampoo, that we use to kill flees and other stuff, but I will check with some people that works whit lamb furrs.

The hair is going to be clean when I send it.

Please write in the post if you want to be in the competition
:drool:

Last edited:
Not to cast a negative light on this excellent offer, but my brief research shows that the importation of animal products into the United States is strictly regulated by the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service and requires the issuance of certain permits and payment of fees. I would suggest that this be taken into consideration before attempting an international shipment of badger hair.

PLEASE TAKE ME OUT OF THE RUNNING. Sorry, but there's no way I'll get to making a brush any time soon. I will keep watching though to see how everyone's turn out.

I'm in, assuming we find out the US doesn't forbid this. I'd guess Snargle is right and that this will have to exclude the USA. Otherwise, I guess 654

Last edited:
I can't find any good videos or informative articles other than the ones above, but I'd really like to get in on this, so here's my number: 27. And, if I don't win with that, I'd love to be on the list to get some badger hair and would gladly pay shipping to do so. Thanks, DAVID

Top Bottom