What's new

Desert Island Brush Poll

If you're stranded, which brush do you want with you?

• Kent

• Morris & Forndran

• Plisson

• Rooney

• Shavemac

• Simpsons

• Thater

• Omega (Boar)

• Semogue (Boar)

• Vie-Long (Horse)

• Forget Shaving, I'm gowing a Beard

Results are only viewable after voting.
Pick the one you'd want to have above all others. And don't be bashful about posting pictures of your favorite brush.

Last edited:
I'm no good at these hypotheticals. It would certainly be between Simpson, M&F, Rooney and Plisson. I'm not a big fan of any of the other brands - at least from the brushes I've tried. I'd probably grab a Rooney Alibaba finest (center) if I had to pick only 1 but who knows? I hope I never find out!

jpg.gif

Attachments

• $Rooneys2.jpg
    $Rooneys2.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 307
I would use whatever kind of brush they had on Gilligan's Island ... probably the Professor invented a knot out of coconut fibers and a handle made from lava rock. Except Mr. Howell, I'm sure he brought along his own custom-made Pli$$on with a 24K gold handle encrusted with diamonds, emeralds and rubies.

The Castaways may have had no phone, no lights, no motor-cars ... but they were always clean-shaven.

Last edited:
+1 on the Wee Scot. Not necessarily because it's my absolute favorite brush of all time, but because I assume that if I'm stranded on a desert isle I'm gonna have to ration my soap/cream for the long haul. This also assumes no coconuts lying around and no ability to produce my own cream.:ohmy: this is also an argument for grabbing a straight, strop, sharpening stones, oil etc., etc., before abandoning ship and hoping the weight of it all doesn't drag me under before I have time for my first shave.

+1 on the Wee Scot. Not necessarily because it's my absolute favorite brush of all time, but because I assume that if I'm stranded on a desert isle I'm gonna have to ration my soap/cream for the long haul. This also assumes no coconuts lying around and no ability to produce my own cream.:ohmy: this is also an argument for grabbing a straight, strop, sharpening stones, oil etc., etc., before abandoning ship and hoping the weight of it all doesn't drag me under before I have time for my first shave.

But what a way to go, with an armful of shaving goodies! :thumbup:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I love both Semogue boars and Simpson badgers, but if I could have only one it would certainly be a Simpson. Duke Series.

I love both my Simspons but I'm thinking my old Omega 10777 boar would have no problems with any island water, so thats what I went with.

None of the above. I'd take one of my vintage brushes, reknotted with a TGN Finest Badger, extra hair knot.

Probably this one...a "Brushman" handle with a 20mm knot, loft set at 48mm.

attachment.php

Top Bottom