What's new

Making the Jump

I just ordered the Sight Unseen Deal from whipped dog and I'm excited. My first exposure to straights was not a good one in the form of a cheapie Marbles SR that didn't have a good edge and wasn't honed properly, and then with two shavettes that didn't cut the mustard (or the hair) either. Hopefully, I'll get decent at this and can buy a higher end straight from one of the members here down the road.

Last edited:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Welcome to the "cool" side of town! Just remember NOT to strop it before the first shave...:)

is that just a joke or are you being serious? you weren't able to get a decent shave with 2 shavettes? what blades were in there?

I used the Derby blades in both of them and even after a couple of weeks still cut myself more than the hairs. This is why I've been hesitant to try straight razor shaving. I did bid today on EBAY on a couple of Case Red Imps. Given my love for Case Knives, I figure I owe it to myself to try a Case Razor.

I got my Whipped Dog Kit in the mail today. I also bought a Boker and Case Red Imp off the bay. SRAD is in full effect for me now.

I got my Whipped Dog Kit in the mail today. I also bought a Boker and Case Red Imp off the bay. SRAD is in full effect for me now.

Funny the same thing happened to me. I was content with basic supply of DE goods, but once I started with straights, I found myself scrounging for gear anywhere I could! Something about them is highly addictive.

Top Bottom