What's new

Ever wonder how a Sheraton shaves? Here's your chance!

It won't win any beauty pagents but this little shaver has turned into one of the best little razors in my collection. It WILL be replated one day.So I'd like to spread the holiday cheer. Only ONE requirement. Post your view of it's shave on the Safety razor forum. When your done for the week (one week only) PIF it. I'd like to get some people opinions who've never shaved with it.
Oh, and I'll pay postage to you first!
:001_smile

Attachments

• $sheraton.jpg
    $sheraton.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 769
  • $sheraton 2.jpg
    $sheraton 2.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 767

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
No takers? I'll bump this up. I've got one already or I'd be all over this!

What's an open comb TTO shave like? Great idea, super PIF.

The Gillette Sheraton is one of my favorite razors in my collection of 30 safety razors. I paid a premium price for it, about $160 on the bay as I recall. But it was worth it! I would do it again. The Gillette Sheraton was made in 1937-39. Gold colored and long toothed comb. It is the earliest Gillette TTO model. Medium aggression. Close shave with a Feather blade. Extremely comfortable on the face, probably due the the long toothed comb. The comb is not felt on the face! The only negative would be I wish the handle were a tad thicker. Still, on a scale of 10, with 5 being average, I would rate the Gillette Sheraton as a 9.5.

Thanks guys for the support! It's not often one gets to shave with a TTO that's 74 years old and shaves well. It's been a great journey shave wise and to discover the gems that aren't shiny and new is really neat. As I've often said "newer is not better ".

Still no takers? Let me get this straight, all I have to do is use it for a week and post a review? After the week I PIF it and send it the same way I got it?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Still no takers? Let me get this straight, all I have to do is use it for a week and post a review? After the week I PIF it and send it the same way I got it?
That's the gist of it and I can't for the life of me understand why this thread is not taking off!

Perhaps it belongs in the Safety Razor forum.

I was lucky enough to get one for a dollar around the time I first joined this site. It's easily the best and most consistant performer in my collection.

I'm going to be out of town for a month, but put me like...4th on the list. I'd like to try it out when I get back.

RX:

Thank you for this opportunity to try one of the Gillette grail razors. I'll be out of the area around the first of the year for a few days. Please put me number 2 or 3 on the list. Thank you again.

Don

I'd say yes if I'd been doing this for a while, but I haven't, so I unfortunately had to pass. I like the idea...gimme a few months and I'm in :)

I had a Senator, a nickel Sheraton, and it gave a great shave. I only sold it because I prefer a wider handle. There have been a few razor pass arounds going on recently: Cobra, Feather AS, Joris, and now a Sheraton.

Thanks to Badger and Blade, rxonmymind, and to all the members who were nice enough to make these razors available for trial.​

I'm in! What's the list looking like so far? I wanna know where I am on it so I know when to expect it.

RX is definitely on my mind right now...thanks for the trial! I've been wondering how they shaved since I've seen so many floating around BST.

The first Gillette TTO razor is the gold-plated, 1934 'Aristocrat' with twisted, knurled handle. Also referred to as the 'Bulldog' model.

The Gillette Sheraton is one of my favorite razors in my collection of 30 safety razors. I paid a premium price for it, about $160 on the bay as I recall. But it was worth it! I would do it again. The Gillette Sheraton was made in 1937-39. Gold colored and long toothed comb. It is the earliest Gillette TTO model. Medium aggression. Close shave with a Feather blade. Extremely comfortable on the face, probably due the the long toothed comb. The comb is not felt on the face! The only negative would be I wish the handle were a tad thicker. Still, on a scale of 10, with 5 being average, I would rate the Gillette Sheraton as a 9.5.

Deruitem your FIRST!
Brad. Clarkston your #2
dfollett-98 #3
Salbone your #4
And that's the gist of it. FREE! Just PIF it to the next person. Write a review and that's it. Oh & please keep track of it.LOL I do want to replate it so it'll go another 74yrs!
I'll have it out in the mail for you tomorrow! Congrats & thanks for all the support B&B members. Enjoy the shave!

Thanks Eddieb208! My history is a bit rusty. Had the Sheraton beat by a few years I see. Both excellent razors for sure. Wonder if they actually had an engineer sketch out the heads of these razors? That would be a cool find. A blue print drawings of various razor heads with slide ruler and so on. That would be SO cool.
The first Gillette TTO razor is the gold-plated, 1934 'Aristocrat' with twisted, knurled handle. Also referred to as the 'Bulldog' model.

Top Bottom