What's new

Bigfoots feet won’t fit in the shower ??

I have to wash my feet every time I shower. I have a weird obsession with being clean... Or is that normal?

Apparently it's less normal than many of us thought!

Well, washing is highly variable.

http://www.badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=353607

While I do actively wash my feet, I use a cloth and water only. Since sometime last year I've cut back on soap - except shaving soap to lather - and I ditched shampoo completely. I use the soap on armpits and crotch, the real hygiene areas, and exfoliate the rest with a wash cloth under running water, including between my toes.

Granted I work at a desk in an office, not some place dirty doing physical labor. And I keep my hair reasonably short, not quite military regulation, but not very far from it. So I'm hardly a grimy castaway.

My skin and scalp are in better shape than they have been since I was young. I'll admit that we're my work circumstances different this routine might not work well. And if I had some dermatological problem it might be different also. But it works for me where I am in life now.

P.S. No, it doesn't save a dime. All the extra goes into various Acquisition Syndromes. I need another bottle of cheap AS or more razor blades like I need another hole in my head.

P.P.S. Crisco, huh?

Last edited:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Yup...I wash mine every time (if you don’t want your feet and toes to look like something out of "Jurassic Park"
proxy.php
, not to mention the remarks of ‘ewe you’ from others.), and with a pumice stone! :thumbsup:

Lastly, always moisturize your feet with either Shea or Coco Butter, always wear some kind of soaks and/or foot gear / slippers 'around-the-house': your feet will thank you later. :thumbup1:

proxy.php
"Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm". President Abraham Lincoln ​

Last edited:
As someone newly awaken to the fascinating diversity in grooming styles, practices, techniques, and products, this is an interesting thread -- look at the diversity, even here.

Most of the time, I shower daily (although sometimes on a weekend, I'll skip a day), using an exfoliating wash cloth with which I wash my entire body (except my scalp, for which I use a scalp brush), using typically Dr. Bronner's Pure (liquid) Castile soap.

For those with challenges washing their feet (due to flexibility, reach, dexterity, slipping, diabetes, etc.), seeking or interested in better foot washing, hygiene, or simply luxurious pleasures, a brief search reveals these useful foot brushes (some with pumice), ranging in price from about $10 to $50:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Sho...242011649?pt=US_Nail_Care&hash=item19e68a6401
proxy.php

http://www.shop.speedysweep.com/Foo...em-White.htm?gclid=CJyP0vDDirwCFaHm7AodpHEAiQ
proxy.php

https://www.hedonics.com/store/prodinfo.asp?number=9850&variation=&aitem=7&mitem=10
proxy.php

http://www.wildearthmarket.com/sole-scrubber-foot-mat-etp09382.html?gclid=CLnOhPTDirwCFVQV7AodDx0A9g
proxy.php

Last edited:
Mantra #345: Wash if it needs washing, don't if it doesn't.

This is my process. I literally just got out of the shower 12 minutes ago and didn't wash my feet and they smell clean, like the Dove soap I used. All the soap and shampoo eventually land on my feet as I wash the soap off my body, so naturally the feet are clean because the soap and water touched the feet. The only time I scrub my feet is if they smell really bad.

I wash my feet every time. I take very good care of my feet because I wear flip flops alot. I have had many women compliment me on my feet when I am out in public :001_smile

Last edited:

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I like the rotation approch. Wash the left one on odd days, the right one on even days, and on a 31st of a month, I flip a coin. Heads I dont bother, tails I skip a day. You got to have a system.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Slash McCoy tapes his spines when he hones and his feet when he showers.

By far the most equally dopey/entertaining/informative thread yet. I was thinking of this subject the other day when dressing. I have "Tolkien Toes", meaning my feet resemble a Hobbit's...Peter Jackson should cast me for any future movies.
Anyway, after showering (granted, with a quick hosing down of my feet), I'll rub some hair tonic into my scalp, sit down and rub my feet with my still damp hands. I then rub baby powder onto my feet (which keeps the feet sweet, Pete) and then pull on my socks.
Cheaper than Odour Eaters, which usually turned on me after a week, and quite simply, the baby powder feels pretty good.
Oddly, due to the routine I follow, I've never rubbed my aftershave dampened hands on my feet after applying it to my face. Aftershave is always the last touch, and always after I've finished dressing. Not to mention the fear of applying The Veg to my feet.

I toe floss.

You're one of the funniest people I've ever had the pleasure of associating with. On another note, is the foot washing question a serious one? I mean, really? Who the heck doesn't think that feet don't have to be washed? Maybe that's where the term "piggies" in lieu of toes comes from. I can't believe that gentlemen like us talk about how pretty they look after a great shave and have to question whether or not feet should be washed!

Boys...just a little friendly advice...wash the damned things....takes less than a minute and the SO in your life will thank you for it.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I never used to. I used to think that the soapy water in the shower cubicle would do the job but now I wash them every shower with a wash cloth without fail. I only ever wear socks and boots, never thongs (flip flops, shower shoes) and in summer I can perspire a fair bit seeing that I am classed as overweight.

Gravity is still in effect. Everything ends up at the lowest point. Good reason to wash/scrub your feet with soap and water daily.
MM879

Top Bottom