What's new

What to wear to a wedding?

Nothing less than a jacket & tie. Preferably a suit if you have one. Any colour except black. You only bring a date if the invitation is addressed "your name & guest". As someone else said, there will probably be a whole slew of eligible females to pick from.

I guess you missed the "cowboy theme" memo.

(IMHO theme weddings, while not generally my cup of tea, are fine ... but I think it behooves the hosts to alert the guests, so as to avoid having some poor dude being the only guy in a suit sticking out like a sore thumb.)

It wasn't a "cowboy theme" per se haha. For some reason here in Texas, many people seem to find a shirt and jeans with a pair of cowboy boots to be dressy. To each his own, I suppose.

Nothing less than a jacket & tie. Preferably a suit if you have one. Any colour except black. You only bring a date if the invitation is addressed "your name & guest". As someone else said, there will probably be a whole slew of eligible females to pick from.

I agree. If you get to the wedding and notice that everyone is dressed extremely casual, you can always leave your jacket in the car.

Regarding a date: You may bring one if your invitation is marked with your name and guest, or if there is a place to include how many will be in your party. If your potential date doesn't know anyone at the wedding, I would suggest not inviting them. It's no fun to be stuck at a wedding when your date is the only person you know. This will allow you to have plenty of time to connect with old friends, talk to the bride/groom, etc. and not feel guilty about neglecting your date.

Funny this cultural issue. Here in Spain, Wedding = suit. It would have to be a very informal one not to wear one. And there's no problems about outdressing the groom, I've never seen it happen.

Top Bottom