What's new

Difference? Merkur 37c and 39c

I asked this question of someone selling one of these and thought it best to bring it out of the for sale area into the forum. The seller mentioned the handle length.

So......

What is the difference between a Merkur 37c and a Merkur 39c besides the length of the handle? Are they the same slant head with only the handle being different or are there other differences?

IMO, the weight is a bigger difference than the handle length. The 39C is much, much heavier than the 37C. I prefer the 37C.

eric.

handle length and handle design (butt end of handle)

here is a pic (from a past thread) showing the 38C, 39C and 37C respectively.

attachment.php

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
The longer heavier handle will make the 39C a bit more aggressive, but if you do not use pressure it will be fine. The 37C is a bit easier to maneuver.

Not to sound TOO... lame.. But......

It appears that a 37c is a slant head 34c (same 85mm handle same 77g weight) and a 39c is a slant head 38c (same 105mm handle same 115g weight)

So......

The only difference between these 2 groups (37c/34c and 38c/39c) is the shave you will get :thumbsup:

Am I catching on? :idea:

I get a better closer shave with my 39c than I did with the 37c. I guess it's YMMV. I got a few cases of razor burn with the 37c that I'm not getting with the 39c. I guess the heavier handle is causing me to use less pressure while shaving.

Not to sound TOO... lame.. But......

It appears that a 37c is a slant head 34c (same 85mm handle same 77g weight) and a 39c is a slant head 38c (same 105mm handle same 115g weight)

So......

The only difference between these 2 groups (37c/34c and 38c/39c) is the shave you will get :thumbsup:

Am I catching on? :idea:

Big difference in shaves between the the Slants and the 34C/38C. The Slants are more aggressive, less forgiving and are great razors for guys with heavy, coarse beards.

Last edited:
Top Bottom