What's new

Muhle R41,The combined thread

What are you doing with the R41?

• I used it, I didnt like it, Im getting rid of it

• I used it, I liked it, Im keeping it

• I used it, it cut me and/or irritated me, but the jury is still out

Results are only viewable after voting.
Want to buy this for my dad... He's into the open comb look and this one seems to be "the one" at the moment. Ideally I'd like to buy him a Joris or Feather, but my current budget doesn't allow for it.

Thanks! Order has been placed... I was a tad apprehensive ordering from Europe, but you're right - they emailed me back quickly! I almost regret not buying 2

Ideally I'd like to buy him a Joris or Feather, but my current budget doesn't allow for it.

The Joris and Feather are nice razors, but for an efficient shaving tool it is hard to beat the New R41 it really is, so sometimes expensive does not mean better.
The Joris is just as aggressive and a bit smoother. But if the budget doesn't allow, either get the new R41 or find one of the oldest R41s with the FaTip head.

The Joris is just as aggressive and a bit smoother. But if the budget doesn't allow, either get the new R41 or find one of the oldest R41s with the FaTip head.

I must have bought the only two Joris razors that where kinda mild in comparison to the R41, all i know is the Muhle is more of an efficient razor regardless of cost., the only way they could make the Muhle better is if they build the same model in 100% stainless.

That site has an amazing price for the R41. And the R41 itself is quite something given what I have read about it. I am building up the skills before I get one for myself, but I reckon my dad should be fine as he has more experience.

I must have bought the only two Joris razors that where kinda mild in comparison to the R41, all i know is the Muhle is more of an efficient razor regardless of cost., the only way they could make the Muhle better is if they build the same model in 100% stainless.
Interesting, I had the opposite experience. I compared the Muhle (2011) with the Joris and could not find any difference in terms of aggressiveness, while the Joris won the smoothness contest hands down. Even after 3 passes, the Muhle left whisker that the Joris would have taken away, and the Joris always felt smoother. I've been shaving with the Joris for over a year, so it's pretty easy for me to compare it's aggressiveness to another razor, especially an open comb.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Muhle R41 and hope that Muhle sell a lot of them. Joris are way too expensive for what you get and are in no way a good deal. Given the price I would recommend the R41 first.

Interesting, I had the opposite experience. I compared the Muhle (2011) with the Joris and could not find any difference in terms of aggressiveness, while the Joris won the smoothness contest hands down. Even after 3 passes, the Muhle left whisker that the Joris would have taken away, and the Joris always felt smoother. I've been shaving with the Joris for over a year, so it's pretty easy for me to compare it's aggressiveness to another razor, especially an open comb.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Muhle R41 and hope that Muhle sell a lot of them. Joris are way too expensive for what you get and are in no way a good deal. Given the price I would recommend the R41 first.

I had the highest expectations of the Joris, and they are FANTASTIC razors no doubts about it they are keepers, the build is stunning the plating is wicked, I guess it was my luck to get the slightly milder versions not that mild naturally, but with the Muhle, I find it really gives me (natuarlly others opinions experiences will vary) but for me and my way of shaving it's the Orient express, however if it was for a gift and money was not such an issue the Joris is a sweetheart of a present to get, anyone of them as a gift has got to be bloody great to get.

Mine is just marked Shipped from TraditionalShaving, and while I won't be using it myself, I am eagerly awaiting seeing the beast

Mine arrived in the mail today. I've just started shaving with straights (one shave in...) and I finish off the shave with a DE and will continue doing so until my straight-technique improves.

As intimidating as the R41 is, I have a feeling it won't be too scary picking it up after putting down the cut-throat.

I'll let you all know how she feels.

Top Bottom