What's new

Tobs Jermyn street - now in soap form!

Has anybody used the soap yet? I love the scent of the cream and the performance is pretty good for me. I'm wondering about the soap so I can add it to my wish list if it's good.

I received my refill puck of Jermyn Street today. Four day shipping from Ireland to California!

Here are some quick images of the package and puck.

proxy.php

The scent of the puck is fantastic and to my nose smells just like the other products in the Jermyn Street line.
The puck measures 3.125 inches in diameter on the top. The bottom of the puck is rounded.
I will post some lather images soon.

Last edited:
Hmmm....seems to be a different formulation than their other soaps (sandalwood at least). The Jermyn Street has sweet almond oil and allantoin (new) and some other ingredients in a different order than the sandalwood. Might be worth checking out. I've always thought that TOBS soap was at least equal to Trumper....I just don't use it very often because something in the formula tingles my skin a bit.

The only TOBS soaps I've tried are lavender and sandalwood. Lavender was fine but the sandalwood made my skin red and it burned.

No time to do a full set today but here are some quick lather images from this mornings shave with Jermyn Street Soap.
Using my slightly damp BB09 I loaded from the puck for about 25 seconds and built lather in my DB for about 2 minutes
adding water a few drops at a time until I got the lather shown below.

proxy.php

So far it is a great soap. Building lather was a cinch. It was slick and provided great cushion, and the scent is fantastic.

Last edited:
Great Pictures!

I am by no means a chemist (nor a soap maker), but I'm a bit surprised at the lack of any stearic acid/stearate listed in the ingredients

Last edited:
Does no-one find the Taylors soaps to be very acidic? They always seem to irritate my face. Love the scents, but they just seem to burn me, where none of the others do...I wont be able to try this one, which is a shame as they are good value.

Good god, Chris. I am doing something wrong. I don't get that kind of lather from a cream yet, let alone my soaps! Gorgeous pictures, too!!!

I had the Jermyn cream (my first) and while I liked the scent, I felt it was too weak compared to other products I'd used. I'd like something that lingers on my skin and in the air for a while after I'm done. I assumed the Jermyn scent was weaker because it is for sensitive skin. Did you find the same with the soap?

Good god, Chris. I am doing something wrong. I don't get that kind of lather from a cream yet, let alone my soaps! Gorgeous pictures, too!!!

I had the Jermyn cream (my first) and while I liked the scent, I felt it was too weak compared to other products I'd used. I'd like something that lingers on my skin and in the air for a while after I'm done. I assumed the Jermyn scent was weaker because it is for sensitive skin. Did you find the same with the soap?

I have only used the Jermyn Street soap twice but the scent lingered quite a while on my skin. On my first use I coupled it with the Jermyn Street aftershave splash and a little bit of the balm and the scent lasted all day.

Great pix! What an amount of lather you made, did you shave an elephant with it :wink2:? But worth all the way, nice brush as well. Thanks!

Top Bottom