What's new

Found this little beauty at an antique show today!

@Alex, please can you tell me the sn from the left razor - I´ll complete my database

306476a..early 1921

Achim, if you are interested in another serial number.... I have a New Standard 339221A, with matching knurling on the knob and barrel just like Alex's picture. The diamond logo is also distinctive on this example: the bottom of the diamond is missing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I am collecting serial numbers for these diamond-pattern knob numbers now, along with Achim.... In http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/283973-A-new-gillette-razor Possum reported 150352A. Here are the diamond-pattern knob numbers I know about:

The odd thing to me is that I have another New Standard, serial 224689A, that has the more usual argyle-pattern knob rather than the diamond-pattern knob. But that serial number puts it in the middle of this "early" range, and I think alex2363 has a similar 22xxxxA example. I suppose this is just one more Gillette production anomaly for the records.

Last edited:
Thanks for a very informative thread guys! I have a New Improved Big Fellow SN# 23363A, I guess that is very early 1921? Love the history!

Thanks Gents for putting this together. An anomaly---yes but I'm now more certain that mine is from Jan. 1921. Plus, the first three numbers on mine are of a larger font size than the others. Are yours like this? Possum

I didn't realize there was a database being compiled for these. In that case, here is my 1921 Bostonian in gold plate. SN #234139A (mid-1921 it looks like)

proxy.php

Nice thread! W/o this info, I never would have been able to date my latest acquisition.
I realize that I am about a year late to this party, but I thought I would post my new find just in case anyone was still collecting data on these razors. I just bought a 1921 New Standard on the Bay, serial number 10196A. Based on what I'm reading here, it must be so early in 1921 that it might actually be from 1920. It looks very much like IronHammer's Bostonian, but not in such perfect condition. I can try to post pics later if anyone is interested, although I am not very good with shooting digital pictures. Anyone who wants to see it can search for item # 221190053261 in completed listings on eBay.

Top Bottom