What's new

Derby Extra Blades

Started with Feathers. Eventually switched back to Derby's. They cut my whiskers good and don't take my face with it. To each face his own.

Was my everyday blade for a long, long stretch. Less sharp then Swedes or Feathers, but quite forgiving and a very decent blade, especially for the price.

Dennis

One of the best blades on the market(IMHO). Reason being that they give a close, but smooth shave throughout their 3-4 shaves(for me) w/o any drop off in quality. In fact, I have yet to find a 'burn' blade in my 100 blade purchase as of yet.

Marty

Derby is my go-to blade. Day in & day out I get superb shaves from a Derb.
Fact, for me, 3rd shave on a Derb is about as perfect as a shave gets.

Of course, YMMV.

My standard blade - sharp, but not too sharp.

Very consistent and reliable.

I use 'em for 3 to 4 shaves (although I have gotten as many as 5, but don't push it since they're so cheap).

Derbys are great, I used one this morning. They give a very gentle, smooth shave. However, they are not sharp enough for me so I cannot go ATG with them - I use the Gillettes for that. Still they are a wonderful everyday blade and you did not go wrong purchasing the lot.

I usually get 2 - 3 3-pass shaves out of them.

Denis - I think you will be happy with the purchase but if not I am sure someone here will trade with you or buy them.

Just bought a lot 100 Derby Extra blades just wondering what everyones input is on them.

Yip, I did exactly the same thing last year. I bought a sample pack first, liked them, then bought them in bulk off eBay. That was my "ultimate-blade-quest" over. I find them sharp enough, they do the job and I can get a weeks use no bother. A smooth, forgiving, go-to blade. Very little to add to what has been said before.

You'll love 'em!! :cool:

I have been using Boots or Wilkinson Sword blades,recently saw a UK shop advertising the Derby's.In conjunction with my superspeed i have been getting a closer and more comfortable shave.Although my experience is limited i rate them very highly.Next the Feathers...

After trying them all, I've settled on the Derby. They just plain work best for me.

I am puzzled though why you would buy 100 blades THEN ask for input as to whether people liked them......"cart before the horse?"

they're the only blades that work in all the razors in my rotation

while not the sharpest, or dullest around, they are quite forgiving

a good combination between sharpness, smoothness and price

Top Bottom