What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Nice one. Haven't seen that one before.
All the straights I've seen stamped 14 look so much alike.

Thanks! There is a lot of mystery behind the stamped 14 razors, the origin and what not. There appears to be dead ringer similarities between certain Solingen, Filarmonica, and Spanish 14 blades that are undeniable. This Hoppe 14 appears to be one of them.

Last edited:
Discobolo, probably from a Dorko blank. This razor, according to my friend Paolo Cinotti, one of the best Solingen experts, might have been sold to customers in high end hotels around the 50's

Beautiful, very regal looking. Discobolo…has a nice ring to it, I like that.

Ralf Aust 6/8 Spanish Point in olive wood scales (freshly refreshed on a 12k and 30k stones; stropped and running like day 1 ).
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432331997.919589.jpg

Being at least 120 years the warranty on the blade "Five year guarantee Electric" is since long void. Even so this early full hollow still is a proof of masterly craftsmanship. It might have been one of the first razors grinded in ERN’s revolutionary die Hexe (The Witch) grinder. Once you get used to the +3" edge it's a marvelous shaver. I use it sparingly to make sure that this artefact won't be lost for the future generations. I once in a while take it out of the cabinet and look at it to contemplate its history and admire its beauty.
:001_wub:

View attachment 573165

Fabulous ERN razor Arne. My shaver for today has similar spinework. It's a Veritable Brivady 7/8 shown with my Akubra Cattleman and a background of Banksia Giant Candles.

$D7K_0495a.jpg

Cheers, George

Fabulous ERN razor Arne. My shaver for today has similar spinework. It's a Veritable Brivady 7/8 shown with my Akubra Cattleman and a background of Banksia Giant Candles.

View attachment 573393

Cheers, George
George,
I would very much like to have that razor in my small collection. Spanish point, thumb notch, non gold etching, just the way I want them. The grand flowers in your garden would die of frost bites here within a week unless of course the deers didn't eat them first.

Aust 6/8 thumb notch "The Rhino". I can only once join in with others; this is truly a great razor, not just the design but also the quality and the shaving capabilities. If Herr Aust would read this: Please make another thumb notch model that looks like Georges´ above in the same quality as "The Rhino". I would buy it at once.

$2015-01-16 17.56.17.jpg

Cheers! Keeping the picture and text simple, I've rather missed conveying to you all just what an absolutely superb shave this was. We all have good shaves and we do have those memorable shaves. This was very good and very memorable.

Cheers! Keeping the picture and text simple, I've rather missed conveying to you all just what an absolutely superb shave this was. We all have good shaves and we do have those memorable shaves. This was very good and very memorable.
With that razor you having anything else but a superb shave would have come as a surprise to me.[emoji6]

View attachment 573393

Cheers, George

Aust 6/8 thumb notch "The Rhino". I can only once join in with others; this is truly a great razor, not just the design but also the quality and the shaving capabilities. If Herr Aust would read this: Please make another thumb notch model that looks like Georges´ above in the same quality as "The Rhino". I would buy it at once.

View attachment 573456

11/16 Dubl Duck Satinedge
View attachment 573476

Rudolf Schmidt "Bambola" 7/8 - Panna Crema Nuàvia Blu. Latest pre/shave/post soap from Panna Crema. Extraordinary scent.
Man, everyone had great looking blades today. Thank you for sharing!

Top Bottom