What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Kanayama #3 Strop
Castle Forbes Unscented Pre-Shave
Plisson HMW Badger Brush
Proraso Red (never fails, always awesome!)
Fine Fresh Vetiver AS

Thiers-Issard, "Spartacus".

$SOTD-TISPARTPROPLIS0521015.jpg

Gold Dollar 777
Tabac
Vie Long 14095 blonde horse
British Sterling AS
Lucky Tiger moisturizer

one of my best shaves to date...and one that leaves me feeling I may never go back to DE's! (okay maybe "rarely")

Being at least 120 years the warranty on the blade "Five year guarantee Electric" is since long void. Even so this early full hollow still is a proof of masterly craftsmanship. It might have been one of the first razors grinded in ERN’s revolutionary die Hexe (The Witch) grinder. Once you get used to the +3" edge it's a marvelous shaver. I use it sparingly to make sure that this artefact won't be lost for the future generations. I once in a while take it out of the cabinet and look at it to contemplate its history and admire its beauty.
:001_wub:

$ERN.jpg

Last edited:
Being at least 120 years the warranty on the blade "Five year guarantee Electric" is since long void. Even so this early full hollow still is a proof of masterly craftsmanship. It might have been one of the first razors grinded in ERN’s revolutionary die Hexe (The Witch) grinder. Once you get used to the +3" edge it's a marvelous shaver. I use it sparingly to make sure that this artefact won't be lost for the future generations. I once in a while take it out of the cabinet and look at it to contemplate its history and admire its beauty.

View attachment 573165
Wow!

Discobolo, probably from a Dorko blank. This razor, according to my friend Paolo Cinotti, one of the best Solingen experts, might have been sold to customers in high end hotels around the 50's

View attachment 573165
this one deserves respect. Nice setup Arne !

Thank you
I've just begun to realise the great qualities of mine (15/16), but I still have respect for its size.
I love art nouveau razors. This one is great, thank you for sharing
Another turn on the giant VR Sheffield before putting it away until its turn comes back in the rotation
attachment.php
You're a much braver man than I am
Discobolo, probably from a Dorko blank. This razor, according to my friend Paolo Cinotti, one of the best Solingen experts, might have been sold to customers in high end hotels around the 50's
Dear Antoine the day you present a razor that isn't among what dreams are made of I'll be very surprised. Sorry I just remembered that you own at least one of Seraphim's Gold Dollars but then again they are very special indeed.

this one deserves respect. Nice setup Arne !

Thank you. A special setup for special occasions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom