What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Tell us about the handle. It looks like a sort of marble. Did you wrap it in hemp cord soaked in epoxy (or CA) and then sand it?

i wrapped it with hemp and then saturated it with CA... knocked down the high spots with 220... 2nd coat paying very close attention to the ends... knocked down again... 3rd 4th and 5th coat.. then sanded with 400grit...

i will do one more coat with CA and sand out to 600-800 then polish with jewellers rouge or equivalent.....

it is a very very nice feeling handle... very secure grip.. very "warm" to the touch... almost like a leather feel.... i will try to find a thicker hemp cord to use on another homemade in need of a wrap.....

Broke out my Henckels Friodur 250 last night.

proxy.php

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Gold Dollar #66. When the razor arrived, I put magic marker along the edge and spine and went to work on the DMT1200. The blade appeared straight, but the heel need work to get the edge full contact. A few minutes with the dremel and it was all looking good. I did not think the scales were flimsey at all, so I just polished them up. Honed on the DMT 1200 for a while then vintage coticule. IMO the razor has good balance and is a joy to use.

View attachment 216562

Gold Dollar #66. When the razor arrived, I put magic marker along the edge and spine and went to work on the DMT1200. The blade appeared straight, but the heel need work to get the edge full contact. A few minutes with the dremel and it was all looking good. I did not think the scales were flimsey at all, so I just polished them up. Honed on the DMT 1200 for a while then vintage coticule. IMO the razor has good balance and is a joy to use.

View attachment 216562

welcome to the GD fan club... i love mine....

My recent pick-ups saw action this morning.

Attachments

• $DOVO Best (JNAT).JPG
    $DOVO Best (JNAT).JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Top Bottom