What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

A. Jacques 8/8+ Spanish Point with gray G10 scales.

Cheers,

Chris

proxy.php

That is one beautiful razor Chris, I love the Spanish points.

Thanks! Alex did a great job with this design. ...I love it's clean lines and the subtle accents! This is my first 8/8 and spanish point, so I am getting use to the size and having a sharp point. Just taking slow and easy until I get use to it. :wink2:

Cheers,

Chris

my homemade kamisori 9/8ths++ that i just redid the handle out of hemp cord with a CA finish..*(honed on coticule and translucent arkansas) TOBS jermyn street and KENT vs10 synthetic brush...

2 passes and a touchup = DFS....

proxy.php

Ah, it came in. Congrats Scott. How do you like it?
I like it a lot.... I have never been a fan of gold wash or worked spines(those that chew the strop) and this razor is all business. The real test will be when it comes time to hone it if I can put an edge as wonderful as the one it came from the factory with.

Thank you Tony!

5/8 IXL Wostenholm Faux Frameback and 5/8 Wostenholm Original Pipe Razor

Test shave with the IXL after coming off of a LGB bout. Really horrible shave. Haven't had a shave that bad in quite a while. Had to finish with my Pipe Razor. Really excellent shave.

This was my first go at the LGB and it looks like I'll need to spend some quality time with this one. Its definitely a lot more difficult than all of the other coticules that I have.

5/8 IXL Wostenholm Faux Frameback and 5/8 Wostenholm Original Pipe Razor

Test shave with the IXL after coming off of a LGB bout. Really horrible shave. Haven't had a shave that bad in quite a while. Had to finish with my Pipe Razor. Really excellent shave.

This was my first go at the LGB and it looks like I'll need to spend some quality time with this one. Its definitely a lot more difficult than all of the other coticules that I have.
The LGb are a faster stone than a lot of them. You may need a lesser pressure and more rinsing in the finishing stages.

I received this one yesterday. Got it on Ebay from a seller in Greece. Not sure what it is, just 6/8 Solingen Sweedish Steel. It says "210 Solingen-Super Barbers' first quality". It came with a very sharp edge. It wasn't smooth though. My face is burning a little after the shave.

What is the best way to smooth an already sharp blade? Just strop or should I use a finishing stone first?

$20120127_073950.jpg

my homemade kamisori 9/8ths++ that i just redid the handle out of hemp cord with a CA finish..*(honed on coticule and translucent arkansas) TOBS jermyn street and KENT vs10 synthetic brush...

2 passes and a touchup = DFS....

proxy.php

Tell us about the handle. It looks like a sort of marble. Did you wrap it in hemp cord soaked in epoxy (or CA) and then sand it?

Top Bottom