Thread: CVS Brand Injector Blades?

Default CVS Brand Injector Blades?

So I was able to get my hands on an unused Schick Injector, I believe it's the Type I (1955-1958), white handle, gold colored head. It's got a nice feel to it, and I'm looking forward to trying it for the first time.

I did not, however, want to use the sealed blades that it came with, mostly because it's obviously just so old. So I bought the CVS brand "Platinum Chrome" injector blades (11 blades for $4.19)...

I was wondering if anyone here knows if these are any good? Is it possible that CVS repackages the same blades made for Schick with 11 per vault rather than the 7 Schick gives you? I have the patent number here, if it's any help.
    Patent No. 3,848,770

They do not indicate anywhere on the box where they're made... (Haven't seen the blade itself, yet.)
    Last edited by NYLaw; 05-11-2006 at 12:05 PM.

Images

More than likely they are Personnas rather than Schicks. I use one of the cheapo-pharmacy injector packs (also Personna) in mine, and they work fine.
    -Scotto

Support B&B!

NY,
    I believe those blades are made by American Safety Razor (aka Personna.) They work very well. I might like Schick blades just a hair better but the Personnas are much easier to find.
    Brett

"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left."
    - Zen philosopher Basha

Images

If you want to try the real Schick injector blades, go to a local "OLD" Apothacary or Pharmacy. They tend to have them in stock as most of their clients are ancient themselves and still use the blades, and probably their first injector. There are two in my area and both are always stocked up.
    Art - AACJ at badgerandblade dot com

Help support B&B by becoming a contributor.

"This world would be a much better place if people didnt enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs

"I'm not voting for someone. I'm voting against someone." - rtaylor61

Images

Those CVS/Rite Aid injector blades chew me up something awful.
    Director of the B&B Stjynnkii Membörd Dummpsjterd.

Badger & Blade- the most reasonable place on Earth.

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

Default That's funny....

Quote Originally Posted by ouch
    Those CVS/Rite Aid injector blades chew me up something awful.
    Your skin appears very smooth......
    [SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]"Maybe that's how you get your kicks...you and your goodtime buddies. I've got a flash for you, joy boy. Partytime is over." ....Lt. Bookman[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[URL]"http://www.modelplace.com/?op=member&id=3448"[/URL]

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kalypso
    Your skin appears very smooth......
    I believe you are referring to the skin of (peering cautiously over my shoulder) the ol' ball and chain, who hasn't aged a day in the fourteen years since we first met.

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

PortsmouthDavid

I've tried the CVS blades, and I think they're OK. Wish you could get the original Schicks more readily, however.

David

Images

My injector sees action roughly once a week (or less), so it's harder to justify a large purchase of blades than with DE's. Still, I'll have to get a load of Schick's, since these drug store brands are killing me.
    It is, however, a fun and nifty way to shave. If the blades were more readily available, I'd probably use it more.

Images

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ouch
    My injector sees action roughly once a week (or less), so it's harder to justify a large purchase of blades than with DE's. Still, I'll have to get a load of Schick's, since these drug store brands are killing me.
    It is, however, a fun and nifty way to shave. If the blades were more readily available, I'd probably use it more.
    Some months ago one of the many eBay sellers was hawking batches of the GREAT double blade Schick Krona injector blades. Teflon coated, I can remember getting fabulous shaves with them years ago.
    Best regards,
    Ron
    vita non est vivere sed valere vita est

Images

Quote Originally Posted by guenron
    Some months ago one of the many eBay sellers was hawking batches of the GREAT double blade Schick Krona injector blades. Teflon coated, I can remember getting fabulous shaves with them years ago.
    She looked longingly into his eyes, drew close, and said "Teflon is a registered trademark of the DuPont Corporation, and, as such, should only be used to describe its products or services. Please refer to it as polytetrafluoroethylene, or PTFE for short."

More great moments in bad poetry.

Since the thread was revived, I'll share the news that I was able to find the Schick brand Injector blades at Pasteur's Pharmacy (for those of you in the NYC area) and I bught one pack. I only bought one because after my first Injector shave with the CVS blade, I was nicked up so bad I could actually have played for the NY basketball club by the same name, but with a silent K in front (nick/knick- get it?) Sorry... Getting past the bad puns, I was concerned that maybe the problem lie not with the blade but with the Injector itself.

At some point after the PTSD passes I'll probably try the Injector again with the Schick brand blades.

Hi all,

I've been able to buy Schick blades at my local Walgreen's store. They are a bit more expensive (~$6.50 for the 7 blade packs). You can find some good deals on these blades on eBay every so often. I tried the CVS brand blades and they didn't work as well as the Schick's on my face....as always YMMV.

Patrick

Default Walgreens

Has begun to stop stocking Schick injectors.
    I saw some in the closeout bin today.
    The goal is for each person to find what serves them best in the art of shaving.