What's new

SCS Lime aftershave milk vs. Castle Forbes Lime aftershave balm

Has anyone tried both? If so, how do they compare? I love the CF balm, but the SCS is obviously much more reasonably-priced. I've used the SCS lavender milk and think it's great, but I've never tried the lime.

Thanks.

I have never tried the CF but the SCS lime milk is as good as the SCS lavender milk. It is my experience that you needn't worry potential quality variance in the SCS milks. They are all good.

Wendy makes some great products. Her milks are my favorite. Spend a few coins and decide for yourself.

Wendy makes some great products. Her milks are my favorite. Spend a few coins and decide for yourself.

Not the OP here, but I wrote them (SCS) a couple of time with questions, and never got a reply. (I wanted a sample of one AS not listed in the samples page.)

Well, I got a reply for my first message, but not to my follow up questions (including how could I get a sample of the unlisted one). I resent the message a while later to give it one more try and got no reply again... That's too bad, as their aftershaves get good reviews here and I was looking forward trying some samples...

Not the OP here, but I wrote them (SCS) a couple of time with questions, and never got a reply. (I wanted a sample of one AS not listed in the samples page.)

Well, I got a reply for my first message, but not to my follow up questions (including how could I get a sample of the unlisted one). I resent the message a while later to give it one more try and got no reply again... That's too bad, as their aftershaves get good reviews here and I was looking forward trying some samples...

That's pretty surprising. Did you try PM-ing Wendy (user name "Wendy") here on B&B, or did you send an email?

Last edited:
That's pretty surprising. Did you try PM-in Wendy (user name "Wendy") here on B&B, or did you send an email?

I send an e-mail to the address on their (or her) web site... I did think it was strange, as the member vendors usually have very good customer support.

Keep in mind that Wendy has had some pretty hard stuff to deal with in the last year, plus moving the shop. Try again, I emailed a couple days ago and got a very prompt response.

The SCS lime is a bit more of a sweet scent instead of a dry one. I didn't like it as much at first but it has really grown on me. Now it is one of my favorites. You can't beat the cost and performance.

Keep in mind that Wendy has had some pretty hard stuff to deal with in the last year, plus moving the shop. Try again, I emailed a couple days ago and got a very prompt response.

I was not aware of that, and hope that all is well with her and those around her. No one should take my post as a negative review. There are many reasons that could justify why my experience was not so great (such as personal problems that you mentioned, as well as many others). The consensus seems to be that her products and service are both great. I am sorry I could not experience it.

Samples or not, anything from SCS is money well spent.

Besides the whole YMMV thing, especially when scent is involved, I would have like to have had the samples so I could choose from the many choices offered. But thank you for your opinion (which indeed echoes the most common opinion with regard to SCS ***). I will certainly consider trying again at some point.

Top Bottom