What's new

2 Rudy Brushes for Newbie

Here are the first brushes I am purchasing and they both are from Rudy. I just told him I didn't know if I were gonna like face or bowl lathering and he made the beehive for face and the other for bowl. I PM'd him on Wed morning for info, ordered Wed night after church, got pics of finished products on Thursday, PayPal'd on Thursday night, waiting on "embosser" to do his thing on Sunday for shipment on Monday. I'm impressed. He really took the time to help a beginner and I am trusting him completely.

What do you ol' Pros think?

Attachments

• $IMG_2752.jpg
    $IMG_2752.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 186
  • $IMG_2754.jpg
    $IMG_2754.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 184
  • $IMG_2753.jpg
    $IMG_2753.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 184
  • $IMG_2755.jpg
    $IMG_2755.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 185

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Don't understand why you'd ask US what we think of Rudy's brushes:lol:

I just picked up an RV Chubby2 clone from BST. Even nicer than my Simpson CH2 with a shorter loft. Can't wait to try it out.

Excellent! What are the specs.?

I'll just give you Mr. Vey's direct quote to my request for a face and a bowl brush question. Remember, he has made me my first shaving brushes as I have no idea as to what I will (or do) like:

"...In principle can I make anything you like. For the face lather, I would go with a Beehive style brush in faux Ivory with a 22 mm Two-band finest Knot at a loft of about 48 mm, a fan shaped knot would be very good choice. For bowl lather, I would recommend a Persian Jar shape ( a little bit longer makes it easier to swirl the brush in the bowl to make the lather) and as knot i would go with a silvertip Grade A knot, say a 24 mm or 26 mm knot at a loft of low-mid 50's. This handle can be made in the same faux ivory material, or any other resin materials I have. I also have a small stash of quite superbly figured natural color Boxelderburl which is resin stabilized and so pretty much impervious to moisture of the bathroom environment. I can make either or both, it is you choice. My turnaround is about a week. If you decide before Saturday, I can have it shipping on Monday."

Last edited:
I am debating buying a Rudy brush or two. I was just wondering the average price. I know that they are custom so price will vary but if someone could guesstimate an average price for me that would be great.

Top Bottom