What's new

Skin food

I got my sampler from GFT yesterday and tried out the sandalwood cream....The scent was wonderful but I am done with creams....IDK what it is but I just cant get a good shave with creams. With soaps, I always get a nice irritation free shave so I'll likely be passing these SC samples on eventually.

Now to the point!! I received 4 samples of GFT skin food in various scents and decided to try lime first. I can't believe the difference this stuff made! A tiny drop covered my whole face and I dont know that ive ever felt so good after a shave!!!

Im going to pick up a 500ml bottle of the lime soon does anyone know where I can get the best price on a bottle? They run about $65 i think.

Cheers and thanks for sharing in my new discovery!

Dude! 500ml will last you for the rest of your life (this is with me not knowing how old you are and if you live to be 200). I still have my sample I got from GFT in my sample pack (how did you get four btw? I got two and one was Coral and I HATE rose scent). Either way I just picked up the Sandalwood Skin Food the other day (only a 100ml bottle since I have lots of other aftershaves I enjoy too much to give up lol). Great stuff. I may get the lime as well or trade the Sandalwood for lime if I get bored of it. I have to say though Lime is the best one, I love it.

I have been wanting to try this stuff but it seems really high $$$ wise. Kinda sounds like it is worth it though...

Good stuff, isn't it? GFT's Skin Food might be the best product they make these days. It might appear pricey but you use so little a 100ml bottle should last quite a long while.

I am very fond of GFT Skin Food. It is a fantastic product that I liked very much from the first time I tried the samples. The Coral and the Sandalwood are wonderful. Barclay Crocker has the 100ml bottle for 24.95. She offers first time B&B discount and will have $1.00 shipping at the end of the month. She is a great vendor and often has nice sales so I recommend that you get on her email list.

Regards,

Doug

Skin food in lime was an early discovery for me. (Disclosure: someone else actually discovered it.) It's my go-to AS.

SF is a good product and you do not need a whole lot of it. I wonder how long it would take to finish the 500ml.... Could it go bad? You may want to find out. On the other subject: is it possible that you are leaving your lather a bit dry? The reason why I say this is because typically creams provide better cushion but if you leave the lather dry, you may get the feeling that you are shaving over concrete, which in turn, will force you to use more pressure.

Al raz.

I had the larger bottle open a long time before I finished it. No change in the product along the way whatsoever.

Sorry to be late to this thread. I used to use GFT skin food quite often. I particularly like the smell of the Coral, although I realize that is not a universal preference.

I did find it spendy though. In part, I suppose, because I like and believe in products like this as both a pre-shave and an aftershave balm. And because I get pretty flaky skin on my face and like to use something as a moisterizer.

Also, I was concerned that the scent of the GFT was limit or clash with whatever frag I wanted to wear for the day, which I do not like aftershave products to do.

So for a year or more now, virtually every day, I have been using Traveling Snake Oil as a pre-shave, after shave balm, and moisterizer. It seems quite close to GFT SF in texture and other properties, but is nearly completely scentless. To me it is absolutely as good quality as GFT and it does a somehat better job. While not inexpensive, it is a lot cheaper than the GFT, and I tend to spread quite a bit on after shaving, on where I have shaved and a lesser amount on the rest of my face and to wipe the excess off with a towel. It also works as a light hair dressing (ala some of the Pinaud products) so I simply run my hairs through my hair to use up any excess lefft on my hands (although I usually use a pomade on my hair, too). I suppose, too, I as applying the GFT sparingly with my finger tips because of its cost, whereas the TSO goes on with my palms, which seems a lot less trouble to me.

Nancy Boy also has some aftershave products, I think NB calls them gells, that are pretty close to GFT SF. I forget how much they cost. I really like NB's scents and in this form they are light and short-lived enough that I do not think they would clash with whatever the frag of the day is. However, I find the NB may be a little drying compared to GFT SF, and expecially so compared to TSO, although there is nothing greasy about the latter at all.

Top Bottom