What's new

The Worst Blade?

Bic Chrome Platinum blades tug from the first stroke for me. I bought a tuck a while ago and have tried three blades to ensure one wasn't bad. Each time I got one or two strokes into a pass and binned the blade. It feels like it's grabbing the hair and attempting to pull it out instead of cutting it. Perhaps the whole tuck is bad, or they absolutely don't work for me. It's the only blade that I've had an issue with.

For me the worst blade I have tried was the Gillette 7 O'Clock greens. For me, these blades were just unusable. They tugged, weren't very sharp, and every time I used one it turned into a blood bath. I tried 3 of the blades out of the tuck before I just gave up. I PIF'ed them to one of my buddies that also wetshaves and he concurred with my findings. :lol:

The worst are derby always razor burns awww second are feather stainless steel in first shave fine blades the second day only skin bumbs

I have a love hate relationship with the Shark Super Chromes. They tend to tug and pull on all passes but at the end I have amazing, smooth shaves with little irritation. I just don't understand them. If they could be a tad smoother they might be my favorite blade. Now I just need to figure out what to do with the 100 that I just bought.

The reason the shave feels so close is because they pull the hair out by the roots. I tried them in 4 different razors, and compared them to 4 other different blades, and they're the worst in every case.

I think of Merkur blades as my worst experience. I don't imagine they are the included blade except with Merkur razors. True, a lot of people do begin with a Merkur razor. I like Derby's but only in my Mergress, not in other razors.

So far I would say Merkur...a wee bit too "rough and ready" for me. I have some Derbys here untouched but they seem to have a reputation so I don't bother. I don't like my blades too tame..I prefer keen but smooth

That could change though - I have a 118 blade sampler coming, bound to be some vicious steel in that collection :w00t:

I get good shaves out a variety of blades but the one blade that scraped my hair instead of shaving them was the one from Wilkinson Sword. It may be just a bad sample, I have two others but so far the Wilkinson was terrible.

proxy.php

I'm planning to try an convince myself that 7 O'clock Super Stainless are better than my first shave with them....but I'm truly scared as my blood was everywhere.

For now +1 for Merkur

Top Bottom