What's new

Personna P74 Injector Blades

I ordered 2 packages via Amazon from Phil's Stationery which was the maximum allowed per person. I ordered them on June 30th and received them in the mail today. They charged $5.26 for shipping. The postage label from the USPS was for $1.71 so it was a little pricey even accounting for the little mailer and the time to package it and put it in the mail.

However, I don't think it was crazy expensive so no real complaint here.

Also, the cost of the injector (each one contains 11 blades) was $9.99/ea.

Attachments

• $IMG_0188.jpg
    $IMG_0188.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 253
How many good shaves can one expect to get out of these blades?
In this thread, michiganlover reports getting 18 comfortable shaves from one blade, with the possibility of getting more. I don't think that's a record, though. I remember reading where someone (it may have been michiganlover, too) deliberately tried to push the blade till the shaves became uncomfortable. IIRC, somewhere between 20 and 30 shaves, he gave up counting.

Wow, guess I will have to try them if I like the Schick Injector I recently got. I bought some of the Chinese Schick blades from Amazon but haven't tried the razor yet.

Well, I have to say that it wasn't the smoothest shave ever. I've gone a long time with my current rotation of razors and blades without any irritation but I sure have some today. I'm hoping that the blade settles down for subsequent shaves.

I picked up a bunch of these awhile back and today's shave was the fourth on a single blade. Not sure where the stationery got ahold of so many of these. I found the first couple shaves to be a bit rough -- that is, I got a few small nicks. The past couple shaves have been just great, though. I'm very much enjoying these blades and if I can get 10 shaves from each one I'll be happy as a clam.
-- Chet

Top Bottom