What's new

Myrsol ASLs & ASB - ingredients

I received my first ever supply of Myrsol products two days ago. A pre/post emulsion (which doubles as shaving cream substitute!) as well as a ASL called F./Extra. I already love both products and I’m confident I’ll want to replenish my supplies once I run out – as well as try some of Myrsol’s other AS-products.

Trouble is neither Myrsol Cosmetica nor GiftsandCare.com (where I bought my supplies) offer any information on what ingredients each different product actually contains. I don’t know about you, but I’d want to know if the only difference between “after shave” and “after shave f./extra” was the perfume. So based on my own information as well as pictures posted by Malocchio I created a small spreadsheet with the info. And then I thought why not post it on B&B…

So if you’re in the market for some Spanish Myrsol products, here is a list of the ingredients:

$myrsol2.JPG

Last edited:
Very nice, could you post a larger version, this one is way too small to read comfortably.

The ingredients of the Formula K is; Alcohol Denat, Aqua, Sorbitol, Parfum, Menthol, Citric Acid.

man...a work of art ! I'm saving this one...great reference chart...so,now I know what "plastic" is in the world of spanish aftershaves...lactic acid !!! who could have guessed ?? nice job and many thanks nstenberg...

I just picked up some Myrsol at a barbershop in Barcelona-Emulsion, Formula "K" aftershave, Aqua di Limon, and Masaje Antesol. Great products, glad I bought.

Just bought a bottle of the formula K from Bestgroomingtools. Added a stick of La Toja to the order to maximize on the shipping. Looking forward to both.

Big bump.

Thanks for this nstenberg. So this is a complete list of ingredients for each? I like how minimal the ingredients list is.

I have this stuff on my "to try soon" list.

+1 on the bump. This is the first time I've seen this thread. I wish I had seen it before I bought all of the Myrsol products..... not that it really would've mattered..... I bought them all and I love them all. The ingredients are minimal.... and that's one of the things I love so much about the products. Thanks for the work nstenberg and for the bump rebos.

Ben

Sorry to bump an oldy, but I've really been interested in myrsol until I read this. I want my AS to have healing and soothing ingredients in addition to alcohol. It appears myrsol only had alcohol as it's primary "care" ingredient. Everything else is purely fragrance related. How is it so soothing if this is so? I mean, couldn't my clubman do the same thing?

Sorry to bump an oldy, but I've really been interested in myrsol until I read this. I want my AS to have healing and soothing ingredients in addition to alcohol. It appears myrsol only had alcohol as it's primary "care" ingredient. Everything else is purely fragrance related. How is it so soothing if this is so? I mean, couldn't my clubman do the same thing?

I'm no chemist but I know what I like and Myrsol works for me, especially the Emulsion and Metilsol. My suggestion would be for you to find some samples and try them for yourself. Of course, if what is on the label troubles you, I doubt that these products are something that you would want.

Soothing doesn't have to mean alcohol free, Metilsol for example has Alum in it as well.

Best of luck on your quest.

Frank

This is so useful, thank you very much for posting! I've been looking into Myrsol products for a while now, and I've always wondered what exactly the differences are between the products.

Here's another chart (h/t to Dr. Dulacamera), not of my making:

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
Top Bottom