Found this bottle at a local antique store, label reads as follows:

VEGETAL
SVPREME

WHITE LILAC

Prepared By
COVALT & SMITH
PITTSBURGH,
PA​

The top of the bottle appears to have some sort of "limiter" (don't know the technical term), so I am assuming this was once some sort of aftershave or cologne.

Is anyone familiar with what this may have been? Am thinking it might make a fun bottle for the Veg. :scared:
proxy.php

That was undoubtedly a toilet water/aftershave product from a Pinaud competitor. It would be awesome as a Pinaud LV decanter. Of course, I think it'd be awesome for that even if that product was actually used for something else (salad dressing, maybe?)!! :001_smile

when I first started shaving in the 1960's ,lilac and violette aftershaves were still very popular,mainly because of old guys who started shaving in the 1920's and 30's were still around...as they died off so did the call for these two great fragrences...you have a real classic bottle there,and you can go to a soap / candle making supply shop and buy some lilac "oil",mix it with perfumers alcohol ,glycerine,distilled water and a few drops of castor oil and you will be pretty damn close to the original contents

Top Bottom