What's new

Brut Eau de toilette in vintage style `medallion` glass bottle.

I knew this stuff existed as i have seen it online, but have never come across a bottle in the shops.

Well look what i found in a branch of Tesco in Dublin Ireland earlier today.

This is a 100ml glass bottle of the stronger Eau de Toilette Brut, which comes with vintage style metal medallion and chain in a very sturdy hard plastic display case.

All for the more than reasonable price of Euro 6,60.A quick look online tells me the UK price to be a little over five pounds. Amazing value really.

Anyone know if this is a once off offer or is this stuff going to be available at this price long term?

I've got a bottle that is very similar to that, except it says Spray Eau de Cologne underneath the medallion.

Found it in Priceline (Aus), which had only one other bottle left. I remember seeing these in Coles quite a few years ago, which now only sells the aftershave lotion and the splash on.

An EdT version would be awesome!

Hi Dub,

You mind if I ask which branch of Tesco you found this in? I'm in the city centre so can get to the Henry Street or Fleet Street branches! Havn't used Brut in years because all I can find is the splash which isn't meant to be great.

Cheers!

Martin.

Hi Martin, yeah i found it in the Bloomfield shopping centre branch in Dún Laoghaire. But i imagine you will find it in the bigger branches.

Hi Dub-The old Brut seems to be making a comeback.My local chemists here in Kildare are stocking it on a regular basis.I couldn't resist, so i purchased the Cologne and shave gel.I agree they are good value,must try the Medallion bottle next time.

After disappearing for a while in the US, I found a bunch of the medallion bottles at a discount store near my house. I'm not sure if it's back in production or what. Certainly well worth buying.

Hi Dub-The old Brut seems to be making a comeback.My local chemists here in Kildare are stocking it on a regular basis.I couldn't resist, so i purchased the Cologne and shave gel.I agree they are good value,must try the Medallion bottle next time.

I love the stuff, and this edt version lasts a lot longer than the regular splash or after shave.

It was worth the price for the cool vintage style bottle alone.

Brut was the first "cologne" I had, when I was 12 haha, I really would like to try it again, just to see what its like on me. I do use Bvlgari frequently so it would be nice to see how a 'cheap' fragrance works on my skin.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
The Brut that I have (in Oz) is made in the US. The bottle is similar but I don't think it's the exact same...

Attachments

• $Brut Eau de Cologne Front view.JPG
    $Brut Eau de Cologne Front view.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 293
  • $Brut Eau de Cologne Side view.JPG
    $Brut Eau de Cologne Side view.JPG
    178.9 KB · Views: 298
There isn't enough money in the world to get me to wear Brut. Still, glad you guys found a fav in its original form. I didn't think Faberge still made it, though.

Top Bottom