What's new

Badger, Boar tooth brushes

I just saw these mentioned in the Vendor forum at ItalianBarber and wondered if anyone had used them and how they had performed ?

We generally just use the ones the dentist gives us at our semi-annual checkup.

My wife is a dental hygienist and said that they do work but are inferior to synthetic bristles. We use an electric toothbrush(sonicare elite) and no issues yet. She does admit the nostalgia is cool but technology outweighs the past and teeth arent meant to be sacrificed. She does not knock the brushes but wouldnt advise anyone to use them. A true YMMV. Ask your dentist. Boar brushes will strip rip your gums up if you arent careful. She does not profit in any way from the sale of any dental product.

I have been using Boar brushes for several years now and could not be happier. My dental hygienist says I am a wonder of dental splendor.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been using a Koh-I-Noor Boar Bristle Tooth Brush (from ShoeBoxShaveShop) for about 6 months and I do think it seems to work better. Maybe all in my head or maybe not but I do know for certain that it makes me happy to use such a handsome brush. :thumbup:

proxy.php

Photo taken from ShoeBoxShaveShop. If that's not OK just let me know and I'll take my own photo.

Last edited:
The only natural bristle toothbrush I have tried was Fuch's Record-V (boar bristle), which I got from Whole Foods. I really liked them at first but I switched to a Reach toothbrush just for the hell of it, then switched back and noticed it did not last very long. A couple weeks in and it was destroyed. I am a bit of a harsh scrubber. So, maybe I should move up to a medium? My gums are a little on the sensitive side, which is why I keep buying soft bristled brushes. I know there are more natural brushes out there and I plan to try a few more out before I make my final decision.

Some strange things have passed thru my mouth over the years,but I will draw the line on pig hair thank you:)

Hey don't knock it until you have tried it. I have been using Swissco natural hair brushes for a couple of years and I would not think of using anything else. I like the soft bristle brush. It is not as abrasive as nylon brushes and the bristles are really good at actually conforming to the curvature of your teeth and does a better job of getting in and between your teeth. Give them a try and you will see what I am talking about.

Okay,Okay,What I will do is when i take my teeth out of the denture soak jar in the morn,I will try the damn pig brush,but rinse well before inserting them:)

It's humorous how many people say "I would never put that in my mouth", and yet every day they happily rub it all over their face.

Just sayin'...

Top Bottom