What's new

Schick Krona

I don`t like razors with plastic handles so much, so I never had one, though I would love to try a Schick razor.

Vastly underrated. Really very good razor. Comparable to early to mid-1960's Superspeeds but generally cheaper.

Very cool geometry of the head, and I may be wrong, but I think the head is stainless steel.

Vastly underrated. Really very good razor. Comparable to early to mid-1960's Superspeeds but generally cheaper.

Very cool geometry of the head, and I may be wrong, but I think the head is stainless steel.

That's a fair appraisal. +1.

They give a nice comfortable shave. Because they generally aren't sought after, you can still buy them for cheap.

-- John Gehman

My first DE when I got back into wet shaving, my first DE was
a Krona. It was my primary DE until I got my Merkur HD. I also
think they are under rated!

The Krona is one of the best DEs IMHO. I think they shave great. They are gentle but quite capable of giving a close shave. And the look is ultra-cool 70s discorama.

Thanks for your opinitions. I also think Krona looks cool. I've seen several of them on Ebay and think I'm going to buy one....

But what is the quality of the handle like? Somehow, I mistrust plastic which is already 30 or 40 years old. And how about the Gillettes with plastic handles?

But what is the quality of the handle like? Somehow, I mistrust plastic which is already 30 or 40 years old. And how about the Gillettes with plastic handles?

The plastic on my Krona seems just fine. It is hard and shiny and doesn't show any aging at all really. I've no way to test it, but it looks and seems just fine.

The plastic on my Pal and my Schick injectors (which are even older) is/are also just fine. I've no idea what Gillette plastic is/was like though.

I have two and the plastic looks fine on both of them. I wouldn't go quite so far as to say they look new, but there are no cracks or visible signs of wear.

A first rate, yet under-appreciated, razor IMO. I particularly like the longer handle, as it makes it easier to manoeuvre and well-balanced. The plastic on the handle seems very high quality and I think all the inards are metal. It's a gentle razor with very good head geometry; I much prefer it to my Gillette Techs.

I've got injectors, a GEM featherweight, several slim twist and plastics handles are just fine. It's not the plastic but the way you treat your razor who can deteriorate it ......

I have my Dad's old Krona and tried it for a while until I got the Merkur HD. It's definitely easier on the face, but doesn't get as close as the HD. But I'm thinking about going back to the Krona as the HD is pretty tough on my sensitive skin...

Searching for a Schick Krona with metal knob I found only razors without the print Schick Krona on the TTO Doors. Those that have the name engraved are those with plastic knob. Bad luck in search or was the print introduced with the plastic knob?

Best head geometry in DE shaving. Vastly underrated. Performs very well with very sharp blades like Feather. Very mild and stable, but capable of BBS for most. Strongly preferred over my Superspeeds.

Krona is only on doors for plastic knob models, which are newer. Personally I prefer metal knob for weight and appearance

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I have the Krona with the engraved doors and plastic knob. It's more of a bakelite than a plastic. I prefer razors with lighter handles.

The Krona is an underrated, smooth shaver. It's been said before by others on this forum that if it was an all metal razor, it would have given Gillette a run for their money, or something like. I use my short metal tip version everytime I shave and while I do own a birth year slim, prefer the Krona for its ease of use and close comfortable shave it gives. Get one, you may never go back to anything else.

The Krona is my number 1 DE. It has surpassed my Slim and it is way better than Super Speeds. When it has a blade like a Feather or Personna Med Prep, nothing will get me smoother with no irritation.

Top Bottom