What's new

RazoRock XXX

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
First of all I want to make a preface, writing down what is my personal relationship with Giuseppe (Joe) of Italian Barber. Since this question has been asked me so many times by a lot of people on this board, here you are. We are great friends, only great friends. Our friendship started right here on B&B, as soon as we registered on this beautiful site and much time before he opened his on-line shop. To be more precise, Giuseppe always repeats that it really was my passion and love for wet shaving in general and Italian made products in particular that inspired him on opening Italian Barber. We were, and obviously still are, in continous contact for discussing about shaving questions. And, time ago, Giuseppe told me his intention to introduce some new Italian made products on his store, with his copyrighted RazoRock logo. He also said that I “necessarily” had to try them and let him know my thoughts. Therefore he was kind enough to send me a free pack with some of his new items. Last week I received his new artisan soap, his new RazoRock XXX and his new AS Wax.

Here is my review of the RazoRock XXX cream/soap.

The RazoRock XXX (as well as all the other RazoRock cream/soaps) is made in Italy by Biochimica S.p.A., the distributor of the legendary P.160 and actual manufacturer of Acqua di Parma, Collezione Barbiere. This cream/soap has the traditional consistency of most Italian made shaving creams and soaps, i.e. the classic “in between” density of hard creams or soft soaps. To be honest it really is a bit softer than Cella, P.160 or Vitos. Hence I would more precisely describe it as a semi-hard cream, rather than a soft soap. It comes housed in a simple plastic black bowl with the RazoRock logo on the top of the lid. Nothing particularly fancy or attractive. But I like it, also because this kind of inexpensive packaging helps keeping the price very low. I checked on the Italian Barber site, it’s price is $ 8.99 ($ 7.99 on sale) for a 150 ml bowl and I truly think this price is excellent. Now the scent: spectacular. Simply spectacular. The fragrance of the XXX seems a mix between a top-shelf Italian cologne and a traditional barbershop smell. Something wonderfully good that represents a novelty and a pleasant change from the classic Almond scents. The latherability is exceptional. With no efforts you can generate a beautiful creamy lather for a very close, comfortable shave. The lather, particularly thick and slick, gives superb glide to your razor and an amazing post shave feeling. Moisturizing properties are also outstanding: superb hydratation during and after the shave, really no dryness or whatsoever. The reason of this terrific performance? I think the quality of the ingredients used. This is the key secret of the RazoRock XXX. A ton of skin friendly and protective agents. Just give a look at the ingredients list on the bottom of the bowl… Glycerin, Coconut Oil, Almond Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Extracts of Mallow, hydrolised Wheat Protein, Lemon Balm and others. Furthermore, NO SLS and NO parabens. In conclusion this cream/soap is not only a top-shelf product, but it’s comparable to the very best Italian classics. Or, if you prefer, the RazoRock XXX is a winner under every aspect. I am seriously impressed. Grazie, Giuseppe.

Thank you for the review, Marco. :001_smile I have a tub of XXX that was recently delivered but have not yet had a chance to try it. I find the scent intoxicating; very elegantly masculine. If it performs half as well as it smells... I'll be very happy.

Excellent review, Marco! This product's sitting in my cart over at Joe's, just waiting for me to click submit...you may have just pushed me over the edge!

I always enjoy reading your reviews Marco.

I had already ordered a tub of this and it's in the mail along with some of the shave gel.

I was thinking I could use the gel in a similar manner as Floid Sandalor.

Nice work, Marco! I ordered a tub of the XXX a couple days ago and I should be receiving it next week. I have confidence that this will be a great cream!

I agree completely with this assessment. This is a great product.

Where are your reviews of the artisan soap product? I'm interested in that...or are you waiting until it is available to the public?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I agree completely with this assessment. This is a great product.

Where are your reviews of the artisan soap product? I'm interested in that...or are you waiting until it is available to the public?

I haven't written any review on the artisan soap yet. But I can anticipate that this soap is VERY close to P.160... :001_cool:

I agree with Marco's views on the XXX. I was FLOORED when I used this the first time last week. The scent is intoxicating (such a nice change from the traditional -- but tiresome after awhile -- almond scents) and the performance is either a 9.5 or 10 out of 10. And my skin felt wonderful afterwards. It makes me want to go out and get a classic Italian cologne!

Off topic just a bit, but I've been meaning to ask....Marco, do you use any of the classic Italian pre/posts?

I'm loving XXX as well. Fantastic lather, great scent (reminds me a little of 4711 or DRH Arlington but my sense of smell is not the sharpest), all for $8.99. A top notch product at rock bottom prices, what's not to love?

Marco,

Thank you.

My shave bin population is increasingly Italian...because I enjoy them so. I think I'll go "do" some Valobra menthol for my evening shave.

And now...another to add!

Marco, you haven't answered the question on everyone's mind: is XXX close in performance to AdP?

Finally something similar to an Italian soft soap without an almond scent! I'll be grabbing a tub soon.

Well there was always Valobra Menthol!

i've been using RazoRock since i started DE shaving back in January and use it as a mearsuring stick to all other soaps/creams as it's a true work of art.

lathers like crazy, cheap $ wise, smells great and performs well.

i ordered the XXX the day it came out and LOVE it. works just as well as the Original, but with that classic barber shop scent.

i've only tried a sampling (from penmanship) of the wax, but it was also amazing, but the family didn't care for the scent :001_rolle even though i liked it. perhaps i'll have to order some of the wax and use it when i work and use other stuff for the family when i'm off. :laugh:

Great review Marco on a great product and vendor!

Top Bottom