What's new

Slim Adjustable Cases (re: coloured inserts)

Can anyone please advise whether there is any timeframe/date coding associated with the red/gold/black/blue etc. 'foil' inserts inside the bottom of slim cases?

Thankyou

Last edited:
Ive wondered this as well. Although I am fairly certain, they were just random colors and held no significance, as far as when they came out. I could be wrong though.

I believe they just switched colors throughout the years, as well as the case color from blue to white. There ARE some subtle differences in gillette slims. Most notably, I've seen dials with wider numbers than others, in addition to the change in head profile. That being said, I don't think there is any difference in the base other than "upgrading" or "changing" the packaging to keep in with the times and preferences of customers.

Keep in mind, at the time, most gillette razors would be akin to a toothbrush today. They were just common, everyday items you found at the drugstore.

I was of the impression the light blue cases were the earlier year models and then changed to white. Is there not a consensus on this detail either. I have a '62 Slim I got from my Dad that I would like to put in a case with the correct blade dispenser.

Last edited:
Top Bottom