Thread: Soap/Cream Question from a Newb

Sacramento, CA

Default Soap/Cream Question from a Newb

So looking at the difference in prices between many of the soaps and creams I am wondering how long that tub of 5oz $25 cream will last me shaving every day. Or how about the soaps? Thanks!

Ann Arbor, Michigan

Hmmm. Well, of course it depends on how much you use. I have so many in rotation, I can't calculate the number of shaves from each soap or cream. My soaps are diminishing less, though. The trade off for me is that creams lather easier, and I like the scent of some of them. There are great shaving creams and soaps at much less than $25 a pop.
    Eric V

i'd rather learn from one bird how to sing than to teach ten thousand stars how not to dance. e. e. cummings

If you're using 1 soap or cream at a time (a difficult task once you start), 3 passes / shave, I would say at a very minimum 3-4 months.

Montréal, Canada

Depends how much you use, how many time you shave... 5oz is ~150ml so probably anywhere between 1 1/2 month to 4 months...
    Cheers, Luc - My Gear(Wiki) - Have a question, PM a mod. That's why we're here!