What's new

Witch Hazel then Nivea Sensitive AS Balm?

This is my combo..cold water rinse, then WH after shave sprayed on with little airline spray bottle, (either Thayers original/Thayers AS/Dikensens) then wait till it dry and add Nivea Sensitive Skin AS Balm...

Was wondering if the AS negatively effects the benefits of the WH?

Thanks...

I think this is a common procedure, at least from what I've read. I guess I can't comment on if it diminishes the effect of the WH, but it seems to work for me. I apply the WH with a cotton pad, allow to dry and follow up with balm of the day.

Here is my procedure:

Shave. Splash warm and then cool water to rinse lather off face. Dry face. Pour about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon generic Witch Hazel into palm of hand, distribute between hands with circular rubbing motion, apply to face with vigorous slapping motion. Let dry. Apply Nivea Aftershave balm using same technique.

i do the same. i pour the WH in my hand and slather it on. i actually put it all over my face in hopes it will dry some of the oil up. then use the Nivea and whatever cologne im going to use for the day.

WH and then Nivea Sensitive is what I've been using for the last several months now. The combo works great.

I do the same thing with the WH, and I've never had a problem. I just make sure the WH has a chance to dry before the AS or balm. :001_rolle :w00t:

I rinse my face with warm and then cold water after shaving and dry with a towel. I then apply WH or Dominica Bay Rum and let dry. Finally, I apply Neutrogena or Nivea AS Balm.

I've used the Thayers Witch-Hazel and Nivea Balm combo myself for some time. I recently went through a phase of swapping out the Nivea Balm for the Proraso Balm. Both combinations worked great for my skin...

This is my combo..cold water rinse, then WH after shave sprayed on with little airline spray bottle, (either Thayers original/Thayers AS/Dikensens) then wait till it dry and add Nivea Sensitive Skin AS Balm...

Was wondering if the AS negatively effects the benefits of the WH?

Thanks...
That's what I do, but usually my face is still a little moist from the WH when I apply Real Shaving Co. balm.

Ditto what everyone esle said. Also, my face is usually still wet from the witch hazel when i put on the Nivea... I think it makes it glide on easier, and allows me to use less.

Ditto what everyone esle said. Also, my face is usually still wet from the witch hazel when i put on the Nivea... I think it makes it glide on easier, and allows me to use less.

I usually apply the WH right after I am done shaving. Then, do clean-up (brush, bowl, razor). So, the WH dries as I do that. Finally, I apply the Nivea.

Top Bottom