What's new

Oz injector shavers? / Single edge blades

Hey all, after a lot of light reading I decided to post a WTB for an injector. The more I read though the more I think that I might be pushing the proverbial up a steep hill due to blade availability. Are there any Austaralian injector shavers and if you are here, where do you get your blades?

This is an Aussie laboratory supplies site, don't know if they sell to the public though. Might be OK if you have an ABN, but it wouldn't hurt to give them a ring.

I don't use an injector razor, I just found this site while looking for single edge blades.

Click here

This is an Aussie laboratory supplies site, don't know if they sell to the public though. Might be OK if you have an ABN, but it wouldn't hurt to give them a ring.

I don't use an injector razor, I just found this site while looking for single edge blades.

Click here

Thanks Peter, I have an ABN and also a couple of contacts in Path labs. I`ll post if I do any good.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Someone knows if their blades are any good? If yes, I will add them to the list of where Injector/Single edge blades can be bought but I cannot seem to find someone who made it back alive from those blades. Do they sell to the general public?

*I know, it's an old thread but they are still selling the stuff, I'm just wondering if that would be a Single Edge source for our friends down under...

I've never ordered from them, but their GEM SE blades are the exact same ones that shaving retailers sell. The injector blades are the same dimensions as say a schick blade. I'd imagine if they were made for medical/lab prep work then they would be just fine for shaving.

I've ordered medical supplies from other similar sites in AU with no problems, just add to cart, pay with CC etc no ABN needed.

www.mancave.co.nz also sell the GEM SE blades, you will pay the GST free price in you have them delivered to Oz, but their shipping is a flat rate $15 (NZ$)

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Adding some information that was saved from the Great Southern Land Social Group.

markjd - 04-30-2009, 07:43 AM

I have added a Gem SE razor to my rotation and I am looking to buy some blades. What are the options in Australia?

Mark

TSWebster - 04-30-2009, 09:39 AM

http://www.proscitech.com.au/catalog...p?page=l6#l055

Item L055TC are the famed 'Ted Pella' blades.

Bushranger - 04-30-2009, 09:55 PM

I would like to try a pack of these (I will send you a PM TS) as I'm not having much joy with the Blue Star Gems (but a big thanks to Phil for sending some to try)

mdunn - 05-01-2009, 07:51 AM

I occasionally see SE blades in chemists. Keep your eyes out.

(though they may be rubbish. i'll pick some up next time I see them)

Bushranger - 05-01-2009, 08:31 AM

In what section? no...not necessarily a silly question

mdunn - 05-01-2009, 08:48 AM

just hanging among the other razor blades, next to the mach3s etc. But i dont have an SE, so ive never been bothered to pick them up.

markjd - 05-01-2009, 05:46 PM

Thanks for the link :)

I was surprised to see some Gem Red Star SE blades at the Pulse Chemist in QV Melbourne in the shaving section.

mdunn - 05-03-2009, 03:18 AM

This was the one. it says scrapers, but was in the shaving blades bit of a chemist. Anyone know if theyre any good?
$resource.jpg

TSWebster - 05-03-2009, 03:50 AM

Does it say if they are coated?

mdunn - 05-03-2009, 03:54 AM

I don't think so, but it may have.

Am I (and markjd) the only ones to have seen these?

TSWebster - 05-03-2009, 04:13 AM

I've never even seen DE blades in a chemist. And I've not seen single edge blades on sale anywhere in Australia before.

Bushranger - 05-03-2009, 09:03 AM

Spinyeel will know what these are like

TSWebster - 05-08-2009, 09:22 AM

I have just ordered 200 single edge blades from Ted Pella in the US, including shipping it costs US$71.25 to do this but ProSciTech which is the only local source sell the blades in lots of 100 not 200 and at a cost of A$45 per box, basically it would cost me about the same as Pella has charged me just to buy 200 blades from ProSciTech and thats without shipping included. Pellas shipping is expensive largelly because they insist on using a courier and not the postal system there is no negotiating around this, if you want to buy from them you have to pay for FedEx.

spinyeel - 05-13-2009, 07:19 AM

Those blades are scraper blades. :eek: Don't try shaving with them,your face will look like a smashed crab :lol:
Cheers Phil.

TSWebster - 05-13-2009, 08:46 AM

Just got my Pella blades yesterday, I am a happy chappy.

Bushranger - 05-13-2009, 10:40 AM

Great news! Let me know how they perform!
Phil, i thought those Pellas were the Proscitech? Now I AM confused:001_huh:

spinyeel - 05-13-2009, 04:02 PM

Proscitech have the ptfe coated Pella's. The pictured blades in this thread are not made for shaving.They are uncoated.

Bushranger - 05-13-2009, 07:54 PM

O dear,
:sad:
TS, did you by chance post the wrong image?

TSWebster - 05-14-2009, 04:12 AM

I think he means the pic mdunn posted.

The Pella pic I showed you was in a PM.

Bushranger - 05-14-2009, 06:56 PM

of course :a7: :wacko:

Top Bottom